Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
SMA mine is a big bulky thing I don't think it would fit in a taxi, hubbie used to keep me goin by saying, im goin to buy a van and a ramp for u and that bloody bike. (as he calls it lol) if I had of still had the little one there would of been no problem as it broke down in to 3 parts I could of put in car, but this bugger don't break down . thanks for ur help tho the both of you x as he says the walk will do me good, yea like I cnt breath mate but carry on walking lol ive got copd. and ihd
Just a final thought, Tammie, have you thought about hiring a lightweight one from here before you go to take with you? Obviously you would need to check whether they would let you take it out of the country but I notice that Shopmobility Belfast will deliver hire scooters to the airport for arriving visitors so perhaps they would deliver one to the airport for you to take with you?

SM
I too was wondering about hiring a small one to take out with you. The consensus of opinion from people I know out there is that you can't hire them in Tunisia.
Aslemma wrote:
I too was wondering about hiring a small one to take out with you. The consensus of opinion from people I know out there is that you can't hire them in Tunisia.

do u know I never thought of that I live 5 mins from shop mobility, in fact I use them when im in town if im on my own, I only take mine in to town if hubbie is with me, I will ring them in morning and ask thanks to you and sma for saying bout that lol . will let u know wot the out come is tomorrow
An interesting link, Sanji, they seem to act as brokers or middlemen between the customer here and the local supplier. Unfortunately for Tammie, they only seem to offer a choice of two self propelled wheelchairs no matter which resort you go to in Tunisia rather than electric scooters.

SM,
TBH, I didn't go too far into the link myself and if they only rent out wheelchairs, you might as well take one from the UK.
I've just had a proper look and jeez they want £75 to deliver/collect - plus daily charges. :yikes

I found this on Face Book, which (according to Thomson) it will answer the question about mobility scooters.

https://www.facebook.com/Thomsonholidays/posts/10152846667775537

So, unless things have changed since the date of the FB post (last May) - the answer is NO, there's no where in any of the resorts to hire a mobility scooter.

HTH's

Sanji x
Wow! Once I realised that they didn't do scooter hire I didn't go any further to check charges, Sanji, but at that rate they work out far more expensive than my Mum's transit wheelchair which folds up to go in a carrying case and which we used a lot when going away on sightseeing type trips before she was finally persuaded to get the scooter!

SM
been on to the shop here they can take 1 to the airport for me, costing 100 pound a week that's 2 weeks we will need to pay, will chat it over with steve later and see wot he thinks thanks all for looking on my behave xx
Glad you've got an answer Tammie, even though it's probably not the one you'd have liked.

I do notice however that we've strayed a long way from the op's query regarding whether she should actually go to Tunisia and do hope she'll let us know what she decides, or come back here if she needs any other specific information. We have occasionally been known to stay on subject but can sometimes get sidetracked. :roll:
Aslemma wrote:
Glad you've got an answer Tammie, even though it's probably not the one you'd have liked.

I do notice however that we've strayed a long way from the op's query regarding whether she should actually go to Tunisia and do hope she'll let us know what she decides, or come back here if she needs any other specific information. We have occasionally been known to stay on subject but can sometimes get sidetracked. :roll:

oopppss good job u pointed that out. sorry I got a bit side tracked lol. yes hope she likes it and comes back to tell us all the stories of her visit, do u use ur own phone while on holiday ? only time I changed phones is when im in india, tho I don't know wot the charges are on 02 from pek to the uk, might look that up or go in 02 shop see wot they say
I think we should continue this chat over in Tunisian Tales or we'll both get our knuckles rapped, so I'll see you over there Tammie. :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.