On Monday 19th October 2015, 3 hours before my husband and I return home from a 4 day break in Benidorm, We are both in our early 50’s and both with ordinary respectfully jobs, My husband doesn’t drink and I might have an occasional drink, but on this occasion it was about 3pm I was not drinking...
My husband and I were walking off a bit from Benidrom sea front and I urgently needed to visit the bathroom.... I thought there was no harm in going into a cafe to use there toilet and as I did my husband was browsing in a nearby estate agency window...
On my way to the Cafe’s Bathroom there were some customers outside having drinks and inside the Cafe was an older man and two male waiters.... I made my way to the bathroom and on return from the bathroom I made my way to go outside to meet up with my husband and a male waiter shoved me back from leaving the cafe and said that the toilets were not for the public and wanted me to pay €1, I told him I thought there was no harm in using their toilet and he pushed and shoved me again, he assaulted me in a way that his customers outside did not see what was going on..
I tried to explain to the waiter that my husband was outside near hand with our money that I did not have money on me but he still refused to let me leave and pushed me again, at this stage I was so scared of what he would do next I pulled a tray he was holding and hit him on the shoulder with it and it fell to the floor as he bent down to pick it up I was able to leave that part of the cafe and as I did so I did not see him putting his foot out to trip me and I fell down hard onto the floor where customers were having drinks.....i don’t think that the customers actually seen him doing this but they seemed to be in shocked about me falling to the floor, I was in so much shocked and truly embarrassed by me falling with his trip...
I knew I had hurt my wrist at that stage and a lump developed on my shin bone straight away probably from his shoe trip, the waiter then stood over me acting nice infront of his customers and offering me his helping hand to get off the floor, I refused his hand and got up myself and went on to find my husband who was near by...
My husband is a non violent man and I had to begged and pleaded with him in the middle of the street not to go back to hit this waiter, I told him that they would have us arrested and I reminded him that we had to leave for the airport in 3 hours time... I never seen my husband so angry in all my life, he wanted to kill this guy.....
My husband did not go back to the cafe to keep me happy but he did shout some foul language down at the cafe..
Maybe I was wrong to go ahead to use the toilet without asking first, for that I am sorry for now, But even so I feel I did not deserved to be assaulted in such a way and want to know what I can do about this? I also want this waiter held accountable for what he done to me, my wrist is still sore and bruised but have not attended the hospital because its probably a sprain and I’m still very embarrassed and yet to tell other family members what had happened to me.
It’s silly of me for not paying attention to the name of the cafe as I was so upset, but I will try and get a google street view to find the cafe’s name...