Hi I am wondering if anybody has has any experience with booking a holiday in a Thomson shop, using their web match service and making an amendment to the booking.

Basically I booked a holiday to Fuerteventura in August. Being a single mum I needed the best price and had been told lots of good things about booking through a shop, something of whichever had never done before as I always booked online. I had been told that people sometimes get cheaper deals through booking in store.

Anyways I had booked my holiday for myself and my 7 year old at £1000 per person but I paid for their web match service (£25) the total price came down a little and in total I paid £1969.

Since booking I had been in talks and now want to take my niece with me (14 years old). I had looked online and got a rough price as I know the prices are different in store to online etc.

I have been back into the store to ask about adding her on to my booking and I have quoted a price of over £2600! Compared to the online price of £2200 (£730 approx per person)

According to their terms and conditions if you make a change to your booking by adding or taking a passenger off the price is recalculated at the price the day you make the change. I have been told different things like it's only the new passenger that pays the new "today's" price which I do not agree with as the terms and conditions state that the booking (implied as a whole) is recalculated.

I queried the fact that I have paid for the web match service also and that I should be paying the online price and have been told that this is not valid anymore as the match is on my original price paid not new one. I cannot see how this can be as I have paid for a service which I am clearly not receiving.

Nobody at Thomson wants to help me with this and just keep fobbing me off with telling me this is the price with no explanations.

Has anybody had any similar problems?

Thanks