Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Jamz, its being described as building work and there will be some noise and the pool will be screened off.. I'm just annoyed that they have left it this late to tell us :(
OH GREAT.

We got the phonecall today,

We could either change the date, change hotel, or cancel the holdiday.

My son says we should see how huge the noise and things are, if its big, then were moving to the elba sara or somewhere.

They could have told us earlier couldnt they!

And they are doing it in the May half term!

Silly :(.
Jamz, I e-mailed the Barcelo, they said that the heated pool is switched of on 1st may anyway and there wont be any noise as the noisy part of the repair will be finished by lunchtime..hopefully it wont be as bad as I envisioned :)
I'm in the hotel now, the pool is out of bounds for another week, but its not really that bad...the weather today is more annoying as its dull and raining :( I just hope it improves for tomorrow :)
Well lets hope all the building work has now been completed and also that the weather has improved!! Any updates on that at all?
Hi, can anyone give me an update on the cost of taking the AI option (for adults and children) when you arrive at the hotel. Also is it true most of the rooms (if not all) have sea views.
We have been twice before ,both times virtually the same rooms which were on the ground floor overlooking the gardens,no sea view but still a pleasant aspect neverthe less!
hi we stayed at the barcelo for the third time in may, although our tenth time in resort ! AI was still 18 euros per adult and 9 euros age 12 and under. we have always requested block 3 top floor and the views are fantastic. When we first went the tour operators didnt charge for seaview, this year we booked direct with the hotel and they dont charge extra for a seaview, i would not pay extra for seaview , i would just request a 1st or 2nd floor room as the majority will have sea views.
Thank you for your replies. I have now booked for May 20th 2009 half board & will upgrade to AI & see if we can get a sea view when we get there. Would have cost £300 more to go AI with tour operator so I think it will work out a bit cheaper doing it this way.
Hi, so if we upgraded to AI what would we get for that? We went first time AI to Egypt in Feb and the booze was DISGUSTING!! Food was ok just normal buffet that everyone else had other than that I don't think we really benefited from it.For the 3 of us it will be£378 for 2 wks.
definately worth upgrading if you intend to be hotel based aswell as breakfast and dinner on half board you also get lunch in restaurant or pool bar, pool bar snack food, drinks until 11pm. bear in mind that 2 vodka and coke , 2 sprites and 2 small pringles approx 18 euros, so one adult AI covers what you would pay for one round of drinks. we always had bottle of wine with meal which is included on ai.
Yes thanks but was the wine like paint stripper/the vodkas too for that matter or was it because we were in Egypt before!!!?
I was also wondering if there is an update on the refurbishment of the heated pool?We are going in 4 weeks.
Just read a recent review and they said they were not able to use lilos in the pools......I have stayed here a few times, most recently May 08 and I know it does say on the signs around the pools no lilos but this has never been enforced. Anyone else been this year and noticed this rule being in place :)
Alison, The wine is ok...the voddy is unfortunately like paint stripper.. cocktails are good though and so is the beer :tup

as for lilo's I never thought about it when I was there, but there didnt seem to be any..so maybe peeps have to stick by the rules :)
Hi there,
for everyone interested in the Barcelo - Fuerteventura you can get at least a 5% discount using one of these online vouches here.
Check it out before booking, it is totally free. The coupons work also for other Barcelo Hotels.
As this is an old thread that has been resurrected, it's being closed off. Please start new threads to discuss new topics.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.