Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Hi Colin

We were in Garda this time 2 years ago and the weather was absolutely beautiful. We had 2 weeks and sunshine the whole time!! There were a few spectacular thunderstorms but these always happened during the night.

We found a really nice restauarant but sadly cannot remember what it was called. All I can tell you was that it is away from the lakeside, and just off the main St where you walk down through the arches and narrow lanes. There were a few tables outside. We tried a couple of restaurants on the lakeside but found they were overpriced and food quite bland.
However Pizzas, there is the best pizza place ever in Garda. It is again in a wee lane, off a wee lane. It is a tiny tiny shop where they sell pizzas only. You can see them making them and all I remember was that there was a couple of small tables out side. It is more a takeaway place but very very reasonable and the best pizza I have ever tasted.

Plenty of "Gelati" in Garda with a wide range of flavours. The best one I had was actually in Riva at the top of the lake.!!

We were on a package holiday so we got around by bus and ferries!! However I don't envy you driving there because believe you me the Italians and driving...... well sometimes I think they are on a death wish!!

We went to Venice for a day and it was amazing. You must go on a gondola but do remember to barter as they can be VERY expensive. Also if you need drinks, food etc you will pay a fortune in and around St Marks square.

Hope this helps a little.

Wendy
Venetian Defensive Systems – dating back to the times when Peschiera del Garda was part of the Republic of Venice. The fortifications were. Enjoy all the fineries of the Venice Simplon Orient Express. paired with a luxury stay on the shore's of one of Italy's great lakes.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.