Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
I've been going to Estartit on and off for 26 years, with many visits to Castell Montgri in that time. I'd say that it certainly isn't one of the big scale tourist resorts (think Lloret etc.) so it has managed to keep some of the Spanish feel. Nevertheless, there are still a number of British pubs where they serve up the usual fry-ups and have Tetleys on draught etc., but if that's not your thing, then it's easy to find a nice bar or restaurant that does more traditional local fare.

It's worth exploring some of the back streets down in the town, as this is where some of the hidden gems are found in terms of little bars/restaurants.

If you are hiring a car, then there are plenty of places to visit, such as the old town of Pals nearby, the market in neighbouring Torroella de Montgri on a Monday, but if you don't have a car there are regular buses to Torroella, Girona, or you could do a day trip to Barcelona.

I hope that you have a great holiday.
If you have kids don't forget the buckets and spades as the sand is the best there is for building.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.