General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Talking Turkish
31 Posts
Thanks John and CY.

Sorry John, maybe I wasn't clear in my earlier post, its just the German I don't know, I'm fine with the Turkish thanks :thanks .

Keeps me one step ahead of the game (til she comes home and tells me she's learning Spanish as well :shock: lol ).

Elaine
tried the cd's and failed . did 4 years at night school (spanish) and still failed miserably. i get the gist of johns spanish but not all of it. just can't seem to get it in my head. so it's not for want of trying. i'm just not made to speak another language. :lol:
hola john,
como estas? Que bieno que ablas espanol!
As we do not allow posts in foreign languages please post the English translation within your posts.
I was offering a free translation programme that I found on my travels but as the topic was about translations then I thought I would see who did their work

John
Elaine, have you tried watching Dora the explora on Nick jnr 11am and 5pm for the Spanish. Just in case she does come home with that for homework.!!
Uno
Dos
Tres
Quarto - should know these from the song!
Cinqo (sink o)
Siese (see ess)
seiete (see et ay)
Ocho (ochho)
Nueve (nuu evvay)
Dies (dee ess)
Can't spell in any language!! :roll:
10 = zehn., I think

one beer is (in turkish)... one efes or if in diffculty.. ONE EFES!!

two beers is ONE EFES ....AND ANOTHER!!

etc etc
:lol:
del
Two Effs in beer?.. bffr ?
I learnt to speak Greek and became quite fluent , which improved after working there. It was the best fun and although I made plenty of mistakes the Greeks were always very supportive (once they stopped laughing0 I once ordered what I thought was a kilo loaf of bread only to learn later that I had asked for a part of the anatomy specific to males :oops:
Didn't have to pay for bread in that shop for weeks :!:
Merhaba

i am turkish cypriot and speak fluent turkish ( its crazy at home, we mix and speak english and turkish ......sounds like a mad house ! ) If anyone would like help in learning any turkish or would just like to know a few basic's please do not hesitate in contacting me , i would be more than happy and pleased to help .

Dee
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.