General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
You can buy some lovely clothing similar to what youre looking for in egypt, ive not been to dahab but im sure there will be places to buy from. I love the local dress called a galabeya (not sure of the correct spelling) but its a long sleeved top that comes down to your knees, i have a few myself - theyre lovely and comfortable!

I actually found some similar things in peacocks - so theyre very reasonably priced - but this was a couple of years ago. It looks like youre gonna have to brave the dreaded shopping and get out there and have a look!!

Have a great trip!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
You don't need to cover up that much, unless of course you want to.

M and S do the kind of tunic type tops and light trousers you are after.

As tunicsa re "in" anyway, get yourself to a Peacocks, or Matalan or Primark - much better bargains. Cropped trousers etc are also fine.
Monsoon have some lovely kaftans, light linen clothes etc. http://www.monsoon.co.uk
Thank you everybody.

I guess I'll have to brave the shops then! But it would be nice to buy in Egypt too, so I'll make sure we can fit it in at the beginning of our hol. If we go to Mount Sinai and do a two day camel trek, we'd need suitable clothing for the through the night climb and day time heat. Presumably it gets cold at night, but how cold? And no escaping the heat sitting astride a camel, so a hat is a must I guess?

bellaoz :D
And for blokes, there's some wicked linen trousers in M&S at the moment.

Quite dear, but top notch quality.
Tesco also do the tunic tops in their clothing range :D

Shell
I was in Primark the other day and there was quite a large section with light cotton tunics and loose tops and pants - lots of cool white stuff, but also nice brightly coloured tunics with beading too. I love Primark :D I spent £67 in there the other day and came out with 2 HUGE bags of holiday clothes - in some other shops you wouldn't even get one outfit for that money :shock:
Find you nearest store here: http://www.primark.co.uk/locator1.shtml
I love Primark to cyberspacecadet; as you say you get a lot for your money and the thing is, you don't mind only wearing them for one summer because you haven't spent a fortune.
What about a mail order catalogue?
Great Universal or Grattan have a good selection.
Free gift or money off when you first start.
Try on in you own home.
Delivered to and collected from the door.
Pay monthly.
Clothes do cost a little bit more, but so much easier going round the shops unless it Primark of course :lol:
The sales they have are excellent too.
:)
Thank you everybody!

I actually bought one of Tesco's tunic tops yesterday, a pretty white one with beads and embroidery, which is perfect. My 20 year old daughter has said she's going to buy the same (!) and a friend. They had shocking pink and I think black as well, so at £15 each, I could buy the range...
Even my partner (who doesn't always notice new clothes) said how pretty it was.
It was the first time I had bought clothes in Tesco!
Now the trousers... I think there is a Primark in Southampton which means braving the city, but not on a Saturday...

bellaoz
Tesco do some bargain clothing ideal for your hols. I've bought 4 vest tops in various colours for £1.50 each!

Shell :wink:
I'll add to the general Primark vibe, I got some lovely linen trousers in there, £6. They had loads of Kaftan type tops too.
I buy most of my clothes on Ebay, I don't think theres anything you can't get on there :lol: and at great prices usually. Its not all secondhand stuff as some people think, theres a lot of new clothing and quite a lot of ethnic type clothing also.

I've had so many bargains my wardrobe is bursting. :shock:
Very useful if you get invited to lots of weddings or dressy occasions as often people only wear this type of thing once so you can get a nearly new item, have it dry cleaned and you have an outfit at a fraction of the cost of buying new.

Lynn
bellaoz, have you tried new look, it goes up to my size and over, i think it goes up to 22, but i have brpought some lovely tops in there recently and i also got some linnen trousers and cotton for 10quid, in the cheap section youhave to look there is usually at least four rails of the stuff, i think they are getting ready for autumn. and that top you got from tescos i got about a month ago is it the one you dont have to iron, thats what i like about it, and its very pretty too. julie (choc)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.