Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Hiya, I haven't been there myself but if you have a look on

http://www.holidaysuncovered.co.uk

There are plenty of reviews on there
Hope this helps
I am staying in sunwing in september too. can't wait. Looked at the reviews, looking good!!! :pele
i went to sunwing last year and had a really good holiday the swimming pool is really nice and v. clean there is also a poolside bar where food is available. didnt eat in restaurant as ate out everynight but menu looked good. rooms are a nice size and was cleaned evey day. liked it so much we will be back in june! :lol:
I WENT THERE IN AUGUST 2004 WITH HUBBY AND KIDS, HAD A GREAT TIME.
WHEN WE WENT IT WAS HALF BOARD, BUT THEY ONLY HAVE SELF CATERING NOW, WE WOULD HAVE GONE BACK OTHERWISE.

WEATHER WAS BEAUTIFUL, VERY HOT THOUGH. BRILLIANT IF YOU'RE A SUN WORSHIPPER LIKE ME.

YOU WILL ALL LOVE IT.
It's basic but good.
Rooms are quite small, it was a bit cramped for 2 adults and 2 children but for the price we paid we were very happy. It was very clean.
Pool is nice, life guard was on duty until 8pm when we were there.
It was Scandinavian run...entertainment was an Abba lookalike troop of 3 but they were very nice. They also ran the activities throughout the day.

Poolside bar and cafe were excellent value but again basic, nuggets and chips etc. but my kids were delighted with that.

It's set back from the main resort but that's ok cos there is no noise from the pubs and clubs. Taxis are always readily available at the front. We taxi'd everywhere.

Use the "Spar" on the corner to buy ya water, milk etc, very cheap....the shop by the pool area is much more expensive.

Have a great time...we did...
BLUE NOSE Please do not post with your caps lock on. Thanks.
Hi

Have been to sunwing appts in playa del ingles in august 04 with my family and it was fantastic. You will have a great time. Although there is no air conditioning you can hire fans from reception. The staff were great and the food was great, we went hb. The swimming pool was cleaned every day although you do have to get up early to get a sunbed. It is situated out of the town centre but there was never any problem getting a taxi. There is entertainment on at night and there is a snack bar which is reasonably priced. It was very hot in august but the sunbeds had parasols to keep the kids in the shade. We would definitely go back to the sunwing again.

cjw
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.