Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Markets
5 Posts
hi...yes, one off the markets in Puerto Mogan is on a Friday ( i always thought it was Sunday) but i saw the notice advertising it last week, FRIDAY. tell her to get the ferry to mogan and back...its nice and easy, gets you right into the heart off things. its a very busy market...plent off stalls. Tips...barter for everything...watch what you buy...watch your bag, its that busy, like everywhere, be safe.
The same market moves around the island every day of the week. It is held twice in Maspalomas (one of the days is Sunday), Arguinigan (near Puerto Rico) on Tuesday and Mogan on Friday. Arguinigan has more of a traditional market feel to it with more food stalls etc, but in the main the same traders are at every venue.

We always end up buying a watch from 'Manolitos Fixed Price' stall. No fakes, no haggling, cheap prices and a spare battery with each watch. Most of our watches are still working up to 8 years later.
hey!i went to the one in maspalomas and it was great,im not certain but i think it was on a wednesday,a rep will give your sister all that info when she arrives anyway..and loads on other day trips too!
I love markets and a bargain. Im concerned about thieves though. Any cheap buys?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.