Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Hi Billybear,

This is pretty much the trip I did in March, we went to Bangkok for 2 nights, then down to Koh Samui for 11 nights then back to Bangkok for one night before flying home. I used a Thai based company to book my hotel and they were excellent. They are called Sawadee which I believe is Thai for 'Welcome'. This is their website - http://www.sawadee.com/

It has loads of info and lists a lot of hotels and bungalows etc, I can't remember if they do Villa's as well but it's worth a look. I found their prices to be really good compared with other sites and much cheaper than booking through a UK travel agent. I booked the flights myself through EVA airways, which were excellent, you get virtual business class for the same price as cattle class on Thai airways. You get a 38" seat pitch, seat back TV's etc. Very comfortable.

Cheers,

TC
To get to Koh Samui you fly with Bangkok airways
http://www.bangkokair.com/en/
There are loads of daily flights.
We have done this type (Phuket though, not Koh Samui and hotels not villas) of trip 3 times before. Previously have done 4 days Bangkok and 10 Phuket but we find 4 days aren't enough for us in Bangkok - unless you sleep well on the plane you usually find you 'loose' the first day due to jet lag. We are going again at christmas but this time 5 days Bangkok then 6 Phuket then 5 Hong Kong! You will either love or hate Bangkok - its dirty, sometimes smelly, hot and polluted (the traffic is chaos) but in the middle of the chaos you will find every so often a small peaceful shrine off the street. We have found the people to be friendly (although don't get in a tuk-tuk waved down by any overly friendly locals on the street corners, you'll probably be taken to their brothers shop!) and generally the city is safe even late at night as long as you use common sense. The sky train is cheap and clean but do try a tuk-tuk just for the experience (get you hotel and destination written down in thai though). Pat Pong night market is also an experience (wouldn't take the kids though!) and has loads of copies of famous make watches (some aren't bad - I have one still going after 5 years but it does now turn my wrist green every time I wear it :lol: ), bags, belts, cd, dvds, just about anything! Other highlights I would quickly recommend are going to the observation deck at night at the Baiyoke Sky Hotel (there is a small charge) and seeing the reclining Buddha in the grand temple. There is loads to do, I can't wait to go back (and we've seen a lot of the sights!) get a good guide book (DK ones are recommended).

Don't get all you money changed over here, you get a better rate over there and its easy to do.

Have a great time!

Sorry, have re-read your post and i have slightly gone off-topic but I hope you will find some of the above info useful anyway.
Sorry TeeCee,I cannot agree with you on EVA last time I flew with them (Hong Kong to Taipei)business 747 (upper deck) they were rubbish,this was 6 months ago.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.