Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Wont be there then however we were there 2 years ago and it is a fab complex you will have a great holiday. 8)
Thanks,but I believe its a bit of a hike to the beach :D
8) To be honest we are not massive beach people when we are away because we live about 2 miles from the beach and if we go to the beach twice on holidays it is a lot. However, we did go to the beach one evening and it is not that far, the proble is you either have to cross a 4 lane dual carriageway on take a path underneath the road which isnt the best.

The biggest problem we had with the FB is that it is a bit out of the centre, again you have to cross the dual carriageway on walk along the side for a while or go under and walk across the beach. When we were in FB we had 2 babies in buggies so we used taxis a lot but I know there was a regular bus service from outside the reception that took you to the centre of Fuengirola from where you could get the bus or train to all the other resorts.

Other than the trek into town each night we had a fab holiday and now that the kids are all a bit older would return again. We have friends their at the moment so I will post a review for them when they return. :sun :fly
My sister in law, with their two kids 17 and 14, had two weeks there in March, ever Easter, and they loved it. A bit far from the beach, but taxi's are cheap, so there is not really a problem. There is lots of things to do for the kids too, and there should be a lot more on, in the high season.
We have been going to Fuengirola for the last 7 years, and we love it over there, we stay up the other end tho, but we are a bit older now, more of the quiet life for us !!!!!
Hope you have a lovely holiday, you will have to visit the waterpark, that is not too far from your hotel, its a great day out, for young and old.
We go on the 26 Aug for two weeks, car'nt wait, on the count down now.
:ghug
The bus outside the reception was only 75c for kids, however that was a couple of years ago. Its best to walk to the beach whilst the siesta is going on, a lot less traffic about!
We have reviews of these apartments HERE

luci :wave
We've got cheap flights to Malaga for next year and I'm trying to find some self catering accommodation. 2 Adults & 2 kids (4 & 9). Ideally something close to the beach and town, with a pool.
Does anybody have any reviews on the LasPalmeras2 as I've found an apartment on there quite reasonable?
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :shrug
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.