Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Primorsko
3 Posts
It's a super artist's impression - only!!

Over the past couple of years there have been a number of instances of seriously disappointed holidaymakers, who booked such dreams only to find they either weren't open, or had builders still on the premises. This has meant either a last minute diversion to another hotel (in effect an AOA), or a ruined holiday in an unfinished hotel.

For example, the Majestic in Sunny Beach has only just opened. There are several others.

The rule is simply this -

If it ain't up and running THIS year, DON'T book it for NEXT.

Peter
Hi! We have booked for next year to the Grand Hotel (on the net) and only found out after we had paid the deposit that it is not built yet. They were also offering the hotel in the 2005 brochure under a different name (Sun City I think). I phoned the company and was given the story that it will be completed by 05/2006 and there was some problems with the builders. When I asked what I could do I was told I could cancel (lose deposit of £350 no thanks), move to a different hotel at an extra charge or wait until next year. If the hotel is not open they will move me to a hotel of the same grade (mmm) so it looks like were up sh***y street.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.