Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Not something that is likely to affect your average holidaymaker...............unless you are involved in Bulgarian organised crime!

According to the Bulgarian 'Standart' newspaper:

*Edit copyright material removed*
I wasn't suggesting it would affect anyones holiday, just wouldnt have liked to have been in the restraunt at the time.

still sad all the same

:shock:
He also owned several hotels in the area. I know it didnt affect any holidaymakers(this time) but with the amount of shootings, car bombs im sure holiday makers will be in the wrong place sooner or later. I read on the BBC news site a few months ago that a child(British or German, cant remember now) got caught up in a car bomb and was killed. Lets hope the Bulgarian goverment sort it out like they say they are going to do.
To get this into perspective, a look at newspapers, teletext and ceefax over the last few days might indicate it is more dangerous to stay in the UK!!

Peter
we've just returned from victoria palace and the owner or as some suggested the local mafia has the penthouse suit at the top.it was intimidating at times when he came in or went out.about 10 minutes before he moved the bodygaurds came and checked the area out to make sure it was safe.the it was into the bullet proof cars parked outside :shock: there are pictured on the doors a couple of guys that people thought had been shot,but others said they were killed in a motor accident
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.