Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Hi

Just found this brilliant website.

As to your question i am a full time wheelchair user and can totally recommend Ocean Village which i went on im May this year. I went on the Frecoes and Frascati cruise and it started in Palma then stopped in Tuinisia, Naples, Livorno, Monaco and Menorca.

However to get to Monaco and Menorca you have to go on a tender boat and if you cant walk you cant get down the steps to get on o that is a problem but did not bother us as we knew this at time of booking and put up with it.

Tha cabin was massive and everything was accessible on the boat apart from the pool.

I will go back on this cruise it was very informal and wear what you like, food was great and so was the entertainment.

Anything else you want to know please ask.

Piers
Hi Piers, Thanks so much for the reply. Sounds like you had a really great time. I had a look at a few web sites for cruises and most of the big ones have accessible bathrooms for wheelchair users but they all say these are on a first come, first served basis and they will only give them to full time wheelchair users. I use my wheelchair most of the time but I can walk a little and I definately need an accessible bathroom. Can I be rude and ask how much you paid?
Hi Jax

My experience is only with Ocean Village cruises, we paid around £700 foe an EE grade cabin and it was huge bigger than you would ever imagine and the bathroom was plenty big enough and it had a pop down shower seat which was fine.
The cruise was very informal and great for a 1st time cruiser im only 24 and thought it would not be for me but it was just so much better than i thought it was going to be.
About this 1st come 1st served business im not sure but with Ocean Village they tell you which cabin you are going to have at time of booking i can even let you know which room i had if you like.
Anymore questions please ask.

Piers
thanks for the info, Piers, sounds as if you had a great time. I will certainly give it some thought. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.