Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
VISA
12 Posts
There is a small disembarkation form to fill out and which is usually given out on the plane. It just asks for basic passport details and that.

You can then buy your visa at the bank exchange counters located just before the passport control. It costs US$ 15 and take the form of two little postage type stamps which you lick and stick in your passport. The you go to the pasport control.

No worries at all.
I was going to apply direct to the consulate before we travelled as this will ease his mind. I have been to Egypt before and this is what I did prior to going to save queuing. So does the form on the plane not ask you if you have a criminal record? I just don't want to get there and be turned away or something!

Many thanks for replying so quickly!
No. It's just the usual details...

Name
Reason of visit
Where you'll be staying
Passport number & expiry date
Date of birth

Tell him not to worry, no problems.
HI.

im going to sharm tomroo but my friend and i wnt to the egyptian consulate to get our visa's a few weeks ago
do we stil have to fill in those cards?
and what do we wright on them if we already purchased visa's from London?
Just fill them in as normal. They don't need much info. They are not actually for visas, just a record of who enters the country and when.
Thanks for your replies, very helpful and has set both our minds at rest!

Thanks!
the card you fill in on the plane is a Landing card - every passport holder must fill one in, even if you decide not to buy a visa when you land.

When immigration stamp your passport, they keep the landing card!
Is it worth getting the VISA before travelling? or is it pretty straight forward and plain sailing in the airports (taba in my case)?
I don't recall seeing any of those tricky little questions about criminal record, terrorist activities, past membership of the Nazi party or color of skin that you get on the American's I-74 visa waiver forms.

If you are travelling to Taba there is a very good chance you don't even need a Visa. Check the sticky thread at the top of this forum where all this has been posted umpteen times before, but you only need a visa to go to the Ras mohammed national park (south of Sharm) or if you plan to travel outside the Sinai area (eg to do the Cairo and pyramids trips). Otherwise save your time and money and hassle and worry and ...
we sent for our's before we went it only took 4 days.
Sharon.... Alan.... family ?

Good job they don t ask those funny questions Alan....

otherwise the likes of you, Everest and the Carrot might never have made it here ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.