Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hello Caroline,

My Grandaughter was going to go to Hurghada with her two and a half month old baby, but she checked at the doctor's and he advised against it because of her not having all of the jabs. But my son and his wife are taking my grandaughter's 23month old son out there next week.
We are also going at the same time. From what I can gather from the forum, there isn't a problem with malaria. Maybe someone can confirm that. I also thought that the mossies didn't like windy places, apparantly that is not so in Hurghada.

If you are in any doubt at all, do check with your doctor or nurse at your local surgery.

Hope you enjoy your holiday,

Marn.
Okay, now will everyone please calm down - yes there are mossies in Hurghada but they DO NOT CARRY MALARIA. Don't believe the bit about them not liking wind!

Re the hotel, I think the main problem with most of the complaints, if people were only honest, is not the food or drink, but the fact that there are very few Brits. There are Germans, Russians and French.

The hotel is very nice and the staff, if you are polite (I'm not being rude here) and say please and thank you with a smile will bend over backwards to help you. Egyptians absolutely adore children and again will do almost anything to keep them happy.

The main complaint with any hotel within Egypt, and believe me I know a bit about complaints, is the food. We Brits are one of the few nations on earth who like our food piping hot. You just won't get that over here. Food will be lukewarm even when kept under professional chafing dishes. Egyptians don't eat their food piping hot and cannot understand anyone who does!

Having said that, please please don't be put off by anyone else's stories. Come and enjoy.

If there is anything else at all I can help you with please pm me. I have to be careful what I say on an open forum as I live and work in Hurghada and am an ex pat.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.