Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
There are 3-4 supermarkets in Arguineguin.
All will sell a good range of baby foods especially the ne SPAR on the main road and the SuperCor in the new shopping Mall.
Both of these are on the main road through the town
Thanks for your reply, I have also since found out that the Spar in the Anfi resort is great which is where we are staying.
I own at Anfi and can confirm that the Anfi SPAR does have all the baby needs you will require.

Just a note for information. Prices at the Anfi Spar are about 30% higher than at the one in Arguineguin
is the spar "the one in Arguineguin" fully stocked again ?
the last time i was in it, it was run down to nothing.
You are probably thinking of the old SPAR in the street through town just off the 'whaletail' roundabout..

A new SPAR opened in November 2007 on the main road, on the right as you come from the Las Palmas direction
You are probably thinking of the old SPAR in the street through town just off the 'whaletail' roundabout..

yes, from puerto rico it was on the right not far from the roundabout. :) :)
yes, from puerto rico it was on the right not far from the roundabout.

As far as I know this one is now closed. I am in Arguineguin next week. I will check

Got back Monday.

The Spar in the town is no longer active
  • Edited by Fenman 2009-03-04 10:57:33
In my opinion unless your certain they sell the brand of milk your baby likes then i would take my own, this is from experience of holidaying with babies.

The last thing you want on holiday is a unhappy baby who has to change forumla brands, if they dont like it or it doesnt agree with them then you may not have a great holiday. Some babies swap and change fine but others dont.
If someone is out there before you maybe they could check if your brand is available but if not id pack it.

Last time i needed to take forumla was to turkey and i was lucky then my son was down to 2 bottles a day so i took a small case and filled it with the ready made cartons 28 of them......i know its heavy but it was worth it.

Also ive found nappies in spain to be rubbish unless you pay for for the pampers, i always try to work out how many i will need and just line my cases with nappies.

Its a great easy age to be taking a baby away apart from all the gear you need its the best time as they just eat, swim, sleep !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.