Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi, dont know if Im gonna be much help but I think Sharm is one of the best for snorkelling cos the marine park is right on your doorstep, though I rememeber Hurghada being pretty good too. People on here like Swisssinai and TAH-M seem pretty knowledgable about this stuff, might be worth PMing them, though Im sure they will see your thread on here :D
Hi
Hi Cosmos, I can only give my opinion of Sharm (or Eilat if you fancy Isreal) For other resorts, especially Nubeiba ask Swissinai - he lives there and is lovely and helpfull.
I love Sharm because a lot of the hotels are on the beach, they have floating jetties that you walk along and get straight into the water, thus protecting the coral. The fish life is amazing! If you have a specific hotel in mind let me know, I have stayed in 12.
xxSBxx
Nuweiba has the advantage that the coral reef is just off the sandy beaches with small natural openings along the coast, ( stretching the 5 km from Duna to the MFO station ) and allowing easy access to the coral without damaging it even at low tide. Even floating jetties wll have caused some damage as they have to be fixed.

Furthermore you will be practically alone.... not bumping into hundreds of other snorkellers.

There are other dive and snorkel sites a short drive away - e.g. Ras Shutan and Magana some 10 - 12 km to the north and Ras Mamlah 25 km to the south, this site being absolutely amazing.
hi cosmos, i would recommend the crowne plaza hotel in sharm it sits on the far garden reef and is fab for snorkelling, also has a dive shop on site that do shore dives (my hubby is a diver), other hotels near are the hyatt and the inter-continental both on the garden reefs 3 in total namly near, middle and far garden and all are fab for snorkelling.

we were at the crowne plaza april 05 and have just booked to go april this year real bargain price on portland direct to around £400 cheaper than last year, cant wait to get there.
happy holiday
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.