All Inclusive Holidays

Discussions relating to all inclusive style holidays
I stayed at the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus and couldn't fault it in any way - gorgeous beach, great food, very relaxing. Depends what you are looking for - its not very lively.

I don't know if you know but September/Oct is hurricane season out there.

Hope you manage to make a decision!

Hannah
Went to Puerta Plata village a couple of years ago It was an excellent hotel- all- inclusive- but a lot can change in two years. Would echo previous post- not the best time of year to go.
Have just returned from Gran Ventana (Playa Dorada) - couldn't fault anything. Booked with eclipse.
Also, the Iberostar hotels are supposed to be very good.
DR
We liked secrets excellence, punta cana....great hotel,good food and rooms.... only downside is that the hotel is miles away from anywhere else - so if you want to explore then this is not for you...

Atb,J.
We have also recently returned from the Gran Ventana. Couldn't fault anything. But if you are looking for night life then this is not the place to go. Best price by far was through eclipse.

The Iberostar chain of hotels are also supposed to be excellent.
Just come back from Superclub Breezes Punta cana, Beach was beautiful but thats about as much I can recommend, not really permit to say what I thought of the Hotel :swear , surffice it to say my wife ended up with suspected food poisoning. Wouldn't recommend at all.
Do your self a favour Kat and go to the south coast of the Dom Rep,absolutly stunning and the sea is like a millpond,proper Caribbean white sand and clear blue sea,not the atlantic like the north with its massive rollers and murky waters.

Book the 'CASA DEL MAR' in Bayahiba. ...4 stars and worth every penny.

Trust me...
We have holidayed in Dom Rep Sept O.K. BUT it is huricane season hence cheaper oprices. If you go South per Mustafaholiday then CASA DEL MERE or Iberopstar. Wehad a holiday from hell at Coral Canoa.

We did enjoy Casa Marina Reef in Sousa on the North you can just walk or cycle into town friendly place.
sss
same as the above post cada del mar or ibestar been to both
Hello Kat.my advice is not to book less than 4stars,then you should not be dissapointed.

The sea can be rough in the north,however,very calm in the south.

Many hotels are in isolated locations so you cannot get out and about.If you like to get about then chose your location carefully.ex. The Luperon hotel in the north is excellent,in about 16acres of ground,but miles from anywhere.

If you like to walk out of the hotel i would recomend Sosua,it's a pleasent town with bars and shops.

Sunscape the Beach is also brill.but isolated

If your hotel is close enough to the capital Santo Domingo in the south its well worth a days visit,plenty of large shops.

Most Riu hotels are excellant,so also are the Bahia Principe hotels

Hope this helps :lol:
Our Caribbean reviews are HERE
We had a great holiday 3 years ago and stayed at the Riu Bachatta Bhia manaion not sure if i spelt it ok ! but the service was great the food fairly good most - AI are crap with luke warm food and lack of choice - but on the whole it was good - the dominican experience trip was well worth going on and a real eye opener we went in october and the weather was good hope this helps lynn
Returned last week from the Riu Merengue in Bahia Maimon, had a fantastic time and could not fault the hotel in any way. You can also use the facilities of the Riu Bachata and Mambo which are next door to the merengue.

Recommend either one of these hotels.
Totally agree with Nicky, Riu Merengue (you also have the choice of two other Riu hotels on either side of the Merengue (one minute walk to each, if that). Loved "everything" about the Merengue, from food, rooms, entertainment for children and us adults (the entertainers never stop), you must try the "Spaneeee Lesssssons" (spanish lessons, the guy who teaches is hilarious), staff are extremely polite from reception staff to the guys who clean the sunbeds on the beach - all wonderful.

Good luck and enjoy.
try Sirrenis hotel all inclusive we took a party of 8 for 2 weeks and really enjoyed it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.