Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Rod

I'm a little unclear as to whether you will already be in India or not.

If not then the cheapest way is usually via a package tour. If you are already going to be in India then ask in a post for recommendations of hotels and book direct. I would budget £ 10 per person per night and you should get change.

Accommodation is quite easy to find (other than at New year etc) but you'll loose at least a day finding it.

NMightlife varies from very relaxed to full on Trance Parties so you'll find whatever you want.

There'sno point going all Inclusive because food and drink are such good value for money.

as for trips, well there's crocodiles, turtles, spice plantations, elephant washing, temples, markets. Yopu ar ebetter off organising your trips locally rather then using the tour operators agents. They will bebespoke and cheaper that way.
we are wanting to travel this november 2006.
thanks for the advice - i think we'll just look for some nice bed and breakfast accomodation in a package type thing.
thanks for the advice.
Rod
welcome to HT! Keep asking the questions!
You will probably beable to pick up a decent hotel deal for much more than the basic flight price at that time of year. I would reccomend you do the bed and breakfast booking thing if it's your first time. You can always do what we have done in the past and use it as a base to explore the local areas plus do a few overnighters away (to the jungle, palolem or up north beaches for example). It'ss take away the stress of knowing where to go etc. Having said that we are taking the flight only option in two weeks time and we are confident that it will be easy picking up accommodation as we go along.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.