Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Where oh Where
13 Posts
I hope more people think this way and are NOT put off because of the Bird Flu!!
:oops: Sorry - was meant to be tongue in cheek! :lol:
Hi Gene
We to love turkey so much and like you could not decide which resort so we have decided to go to icmelar for the first week & Hisaronu the second only 23 weeks to go cant wait
Gail
hi..there are many many more resorts in Turkey than the ones you mentioned. Take a more comprehensive look
Aww Gene, every year hubby and me say the same thing...lets try a differant Turkish resort this year, but its no good we always end up back in Lovely Icmeler. Its not just the place itself we would miss, its all the fantastic friends we have made there too...It just feels right, like going home.

Turkish Delight.
hi gene read your post and i understand the dilemma every year we get the holiday brochures and every year we look for something new and every year its turkey and for the third timr its going to be kusadassi if uv never been try it fantastic destination with something for everybody. so we have booked up and rareing to go (31st august) not long now, they coulnt stop us with bombs last year and no scabby poultry is stopping us this year counting the days already but that big silver bird will soon be in yhe sky and il be on it. im ready to break out the EFES have a good holiday and enjoy gods little country
Gene,

Wherever you choose you know you will have made the right decision because it's Turkey. (Can't wait now to hear where you choose ! )

Wilson :wink:
Gene
You have a way with words like no one else. I love to read your "lyrical waxings" wherever they may be about
What about visiting some lesser known areas? Capaddocia, little coastal resorts such as Foca, Datca, Bozburun peninlula or Cirili. What about a lakeside setting for a change such as Koycegiz or if you're feeling really adventurous go further north to Istanbul for a cultural treat.
Wherever you decide I know that we can rely on you to provide a wonderful report that will transport us there. You should really consider taking up travel writing (unless of course you already do!)
Fi
As everyone knows I am a romantic and a dreamer,all these magical places you are talking about seem wonderfull and no doubt would make perfect holiday destinations.

My problem is Mrs Gene she wont visit any other resort but Icmeler and would never even consider another country. :wink: so I can look, browse, and talk as much as I want but as all you men know the lady always has her way, so I would think its back to Ish for us all again this year.

But there is and will be "A Next Time"

Gene
I would definitely prefer Bodrum. You find all you mentioned here.
We are experimenting this year, trying two places we've not been to in Turkey before, Kalkan and Kusadasi. Our first love is Icmeler but because we are checking out property to buy, then we've got to exercise all options and check out different places. We've done Hisaronu, that was lovely have also been to Gumbet, it was great for the Historical aspect but would not, by choice, return here. It just isn't our bag so to speak.
Gene

As you are aware, from another site, i am an icmeler fan also.
I cant imagine a year without going at least once but to make up for the amount of time i spend there i am of to Tunisia next week and dont feel guilt about going as its out of season for icmeler and i couldnt go anyway.
Wouldnt dream of travelling elsewhere in season though.
Dont think Little Michael Jackson will be able to perform the same in Tunisia though so i'm just having to leave him at home so he isn't disappointed :wink: :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.