Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
If you are diving, I would say yes. I use a 3mm shortie when I'm there between March and November. This time of year a 3 or 5mm full suit would be better. Even when I go, I do start to feel a little cold when nearing the end of the dive (even with my own 'personal padding'). A full suit would help, especially when doing repetitive dives.

If snorkeling, a shortie would keep you warmer than none at all (and I don't mean naked). You tend to lose track of time when floating and body heat does drop quite quickly as you don't use much energy.

Having said that, other people may have different opinions.
Do they sell wetsuits in the resorts or will it be advisable to buy here?

Going in 2 weeks and thought wetsuit would be ideal for 9 year would save his back from getting burnt.
i would recommend a suit if you are snorkelling or diving. for diving you definately need a full suit at the moment, water temperature is about 20 degrees c. but you can get this from the company you are diving with if you dont own it already.

for snorkelling probably you are ok with a shorty, you can buy them in naama bay or in old sharm in the dive shops, but probably more expensive than at home if you can find one!
SW
Thanks, i will be snorkeling with the missus but i want to go prepared. I thought info from someone who who has been at this time of year before would be best.

Ian.
IAN N ive not been back long and i was snorkeling for an hour a time its warm when your in there its when you get out for 10 mins your freezing then you soon warm up
:D Thanks all, I think i will take shorties to be on safe side. Its getting a bit tight on the baggage weight. Going on thursday.:yipee

Ian.
have a good holiday and say hello to nemo for me lol :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.