Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
citronella
5 Posts
We bought some a couple of years ago in Goa but couldn't get any last year ? wife thinks it's the bees knees as a mossie repellent.
I tend to have a bad reaction to mossie bites so like to take as many precautions as possible to avoid getting bitten. In the past I've always used the DEET type repellents (still managed to get a few bites) but never liked the fact that I was applying such a strong chemical all over me. Having read the posts on HT I've bought all the Skin so soft products (shower cream, body lotion and the dry oil spray) to use on my next visit. I've also bought some Citronella essential oil (got it on Ebay) that I would like to try. I see that some people mix it with water and spray the room. Has anyone mixed it with unperfumed baby oil and used it as a body lotion/insect repellent? If you have what sort of dilution ratio did you use and was it effective at keeping the mossies away?
Regards
Gail C.
Boots do a very good repellent lotion with citronella in it. Tried it last time and it worked very well. No bites at all.
we have a very detailed discussion on mosquito repellants here. To avoid duplication I will lock this thread but feel free to add the link we have
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.