General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I used the garlic tabs and Avon SSS for the first time last year and came home without a single bite :D
found a bushman remedy which is very effective.
70% baby oil and 30% dettol.
apparently mozzies hate the smell of dettol.
that must make me a mozzie :lol:
Over the years I have been battling against the mozzis.
SSS is the stuff for me.
Vit B never work niether did the garlic.
Jungle formular was O.K but get a bit worried about whats in it Still got a few bites.
Used all the lotions and potions. Citrinella stinks and stains and it never worked.
Last year was the only time I had a two week holiday in June in Spain without having to go to the famacia to get creams for the terrible bites I normaly get.
Not saying it will work for everyone , but I wouldn't go abroad without it.
Easy to use, leaves your skin soft and moisturised, smells nice and fresh , cheap, and no deet in it. result.
Just to let you know that Avon have changed the name of their skin products. I hunted through the brochure and couldnt find woodland fresh? they have repackaged and renamed it SOFT AND FRESH.

HTH
Allison
I have travelled and worked in Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria and throughout the Med.
I have tried them all but found the best to be LIFESYSTEMS EXPEDITION 100.

It is 95% Deet and comes in 50ml and 100ml.
The large size costs around £7.50
Sorry to say but Mozzies always prefer females.

BOB
Hi

I have just purchased a watch which emits a high piched tone which is supposed to repel the little sods.This watch is apparently in use with british forces in the gulf,i will try it out in June.

Daveyboy :!: :!: :!:
Careful there Daveyboy you could end up like the pied piper!!!Interesting though let us know if it works and we'll all want one!
read somewhere that mozzies are attracted to the colour blue !!!
dont know if its true or not but works for me.
:roll:
I have just had this reply from Avon regarding the skin so soft Woodland fresh dry skin oil.

Please could you tell me if you still sell the product skin so soft woodland fresh dry skin oil or it's equivalent.

Thank you for your recent email.

The Skin so Soft range has been repackaged, re-formulated, re-named and some new products added in Campaign 4 2005. The fragrances have been renamed as follows:

Soft & Sensual = Remains Soft & Sensual

Woodland Fresh = Soft & Fresh

Fresh & Smooth = Soft & Smooth

Soft & Renewed (a new collection)

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Nicky Tucker.
Avon Customer Service Centre.
The Soft and Fresh as its now called is the one to use used to be in a green bottle named Woodland Fresh. I can Def. say that this works, i never got bit once while using this :D

i used to recommend it to all my customers with glowing reviews :!:

it also got a great right up in Simon Venuss Florida Book!

cheers

allic
Have booked 2 weeks in July 2005 to go to Orlando.

Don't normally get bitten (although I did get attacked badly in Alcudia a couple of years ago!). This has made me quiet wary - and it seems that we are picking a bad time mozzie wise to go.

What can you recommend to combat the demon mozzie?
i never normaly get bitten, but after reading on this site i thort id take with me the soft and fresh (as its now called) avon stuff with me just to be safe also it will keep my skin nice at the same time!

KK
Avon just had a special offer on - buy one get one free: good deal, hope it works. I get really badly bitten and have never found anything that works very well, so I'm hoping the Avon staff will be good!
Avon do not seem to be doing Woodland Fresh anymore. They now have Soft and Fresh. Is it the same does anyone know?
Sorry - I've got in a pickle with this and see that my question has already been answered!
Just to let everyone know - Holland and Barrett for having a sale at the mo.

I just bought 100 x 100 ms B1 Thiamin for £1.59 (a saving of £1.70 - or so they say!).
Here is a link to a good review of repellants which gives data on effectiveness studies and side effects for a wide range of products :

http://www.emedicine.com/derm/topic540.htm

Definitely worth a read

Scubaman
my boyfriend and myself started taking garlic capsules a month before we went and the 2 weeks we were on holiday last year.We also had a mozzie plug-in in our room. We didnt get bit once,Ive been told the mozzies dont like garlic. I suppose certain things work for some but not for others and you could go on forever buying people's suggestions
Went to Icemelar last year and was told by the locals to use lemon oil they sell there, the best thing i've ever bought and not a bite in sight
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.