Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
god thats awful and a real worry, because when we were there 2 weeks ago visiting my mother a snake came out of the flower pot next to her front door, big black one about 5ft long, my husband was knocking on the door when it happened and flew in the house and shut the door quick, it was so fast it really frightened us but we never found out what sort of snake it was
It's reported in the Daily Mail. The man lived in Altinkum. He wasn't getting any better in the Turkish hospital and he came back to England. Although he had several operations, sadly he died.
I have no idea which area it happened but, what worrys me is,,, when we went on the Horse Saffari last year, we were taken in to water which COULD have had snakes in it. Horse droppings and other things were in the water and it makes me wonder were the snakes ARE???? Take care Anna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
God Bless him and all his family, Anna xxxxx

*Edit please provide link for copyright reasons thanks Briar[/i]
Aw thats so sad.
Thoughts with his family and friends.

Mary.
Sorry Briar xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Whilst at Siesta Beach apts in Gumbet last year we saw yellow lizards running up and down the walls in the garden apartments, when we showed other couples were told that there had been a couple of scorpions which had been removed :shock: we did not actually see them ourselves but were on the look out from that moment..... made sure we didn't leave the door open...... the only window in the apartment had got wire mesh inside which we thought was to keep mozi's out.... maybe not.
i met 2 ladies who had arrived with nasty bites from home .legs swelling 3 times the size/1 needed hospital treatment and was told there is a fly in turkey now that lives round base of plants and flowers that bite is worse than a scorpion :shock: the doctor thought that her bite may have been from this and was concerend ,luckily she had the bite from home and it just got worse on holiday.so if this is correct ,get youre bites checked out as soon as they turn nasty dont wait .dont mean to scare people just advise :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.