Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
I have been going to Tenerife in March/April for 11 years now and it has always been lovely weather. So don't worry about that.

I always get a cab from the airport to Playa Fanabe (don't know where Colon II appts are) and the cab costs me around 20 euros. If you travel on a Friday there can be horrendous queues for taxis, but be assured that they do move very quickly.

Dolphin/Whale watching. We have been several times from Puerto Colon and always seen Whales, but never lucky enough to see dolphins. However, last time, we went for a day trip (by local bus) to Los Gigantes and went on the Flipper Uno and saw load of dolphins, but no whales. However, on all of the trips we have seen something and they have been well worthwhile.

Have a good time. I will be there just before Easter and cannot wait!
  • Edited by AndrewL 2006-01-26 10:23:27
I can only help you on one of your questions, give a guess to one of the others and know nothing about the remaining one!

My husband and I stayed at the Colon II apartments over the New Year. We usually hire a car when we go away but this time, because I wasn't sure of the parking in the ara, we didn' bother and got a taxi instead. It came out at around 21 euros each way, can't remember the exact fare of one trip but the first one was 21 and the other was around that amount. We were dropped a short walk away because the road outside is semi-pedestrianised and there are some pull-ins, but not many, and people park in them when they shouldn't. When it came to going home, we checked out and started to walk along to a taxi rank that was down the road but there are plenty of taxis driving around and one driver wound his window down and gestured and we got in and he took us to the airport - journey took about 15-20 minutes and much less hassle than car hire!

As for the weather, it SHOULD be OK then but, hey, who knows? When we were there in late Dec/early Jan the daytime temperature was around 20-22 degrees, falling to around 19 at night - but you needed a jacket as there was a bit of a breeze - warm enough for shorts and beachwear in the day but some people (girls mainly) still tottered around in next to nothing in the evening (pride keeping them warm I suppose!) . Easter temperatures should be good but you never know, we've been there in Sept/Oct time and it was very overcast on quite a few days, still warm enough for shorts though.

I've never been dolphin watching so can't give you any feedback on that. I have the fear that as soon as I step on a boat it springs a leak or the worst weather that's ever been known suddenly descends on the boat!

As for Colon II, we had a really good apartment - one bedroom, on the front corner of the building which got sun from just after nine in the morning until six thirty at night. Note that if you have an apartment or studio overlooking the pool it might not get any sun at all during the day. The plan of the aparments say "Pool" on one side and "Sunny" on the other which should tell you something, maybe that it's like that all the year round and not just during the winter. The apartments are close to shops, restaurants and the beach and easy to walk to Los Cristianos or PDLA - a very good position for everything.
Many thanks to the both of you, have been a great help!
Fingers crossed for some sun!
Thanks again, much appreciated.
Hannah
So, as you are both locals to Tenerife :) could you give me any names of good places to eat etc?

Thanks again!
Hi hanban ... for eating places, THIS TOPIC may be worth a browse when you have time.

David :wave
Great, thanks very much, just what I wanted.
Will enjoy reading.
Great website!
Hi hanban,We have gone out on the "Royal Delphin",from Puerto Colon, several times and have seen both Whales and Dolphins (inc.babies!).Just uploaded some photos (although not brill.)into the Photo Galleries,if you'd like a look. :)
Thanks for the pics, always nice to see evidence!
Going on a boat trip for sure now! Fingers crossed we see some in April!
We also went on the Royal Delphin and saw whales, dolphins and flying fish plus we got to swim in the sea under the cliffs at Los Gigantes which was ace. The water was very salty so you could float really easily. Make sure you book in advance rather than just turning up at the harbour as you may find that they are fully booked when you get there. They normally run coaches from your hotel to the harbour and back if you need them.
Yes,Corinne,we were just talking about the flying fish recently.We saw them on one of the trips too.Weren't quick enough to get pic though!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.