Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi maggiemae with out knowing likes or dislikes - you may find Playa De Las Americas very busy - I have been there a few times and there are plenty of late night bars clubs to take you into the early hours.

Los Gigantes may suit you better it is situated near to the tiny village of Cueva del Polvo, the resort of Puerto de Santiago and the Blue-Flag beach of Playa de la Arena, which are all within a short distance of each other. They are just south of the famous cliffs of Los Gigantes (The Giants), and about 20 miles (30 kilometres) north west of Los Cristianos, which is also not as busy as PDLA

edit for spelling
I would suggest Los Cristianos, Las Americas wont be to hectic at that time of year but Los Cristianos is the nicer of the two.

We stayed near Los Gigantes/la Arena a couple of months ago and its a nice area, but there did not seem to be much choice restaurant wise. We stayed All Inc so this didn't affect us but I would find it a bit limited eating out every night. Its also very hilly around there if that is an issue?
Costa Adeje, nicest area in the south of the island.
Thanks for the replys, have to say thats the 2 areas i've been looking at costa Adeje and Los Cristianos,if you can reccomend a good hotel in those areas i'd be grateful.I've been swaying more towards self catering but wouldn't mind half board as you could still go out and enjoy a meal locally.I'm grateful for any feedback.
Lots of very nice 4*/5* hotels in the El Duque beach area of Costa Adeje. None of them cheap however. Plenty of nice restaurants in the area if you prefer a meal out. Designer shops in the El Duque Plaza.
Google... "hotels el duque"
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.