Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
penang beaches
15 Posts
Jellyfish are a major problem - saw 2 people badly stung last year and were treated with injections. The water is rather cloudy- I have only paddled along the edge- its such a shame as it is a beautiful beach. On Sundays the locals are seen playing in it- I'd keep to the hotel pools.
Beach looked lovely and the sunsets over the sea are spectacular but stick to the pool!
:( its a shame because the beaches do look lovely,but its not going to put me off :D hopefully will be going in april,thanks for replies.
It shouldn't put you off. You can always sunbathe on the beach and nip back to the pool to cool off!
yeah thats it, ive been doing alot of research and it does look nice i must say
debs69!
if you do go,you won't regret it.fantastic holiday!
tracy
Do the beaches have that tropical (desert island) look or do they look like your typical british style beach?
There are no donkeys but you may find ex racehorses, the occasional monitor, jet skis, paragliding,masseurs and quad bykes but with a tropical feel- Check the photos of far east-will add some more. It is worth it
would love to see more photos. We were there in 2001 so there must be some changes in Batu!
fiona!
put some on, of parasailing on the beach,but 2 of the same.
can you get 1 deleted for me please?
thanks tracy :oops:
hi Tracy
have pmd the photo gallery mod for you!
Definitley a problem. We saw people getting stung very badly. Also on the beach by the Holiday Inn where we were it is fairly narrow and there are horses, plus all the waterspots, so stay off the beach. But as other people have said, it is great, the food in the two Hawker areas is cheap and delicious, the weather great, the cheap DVDs that you can buy work, so buy loads if you are into DVDs
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.