Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
hi karen
i went in june and found the evenings quite chilly, so i would recommend taking a cardy or light jacket with you, personally i always take mainly travellers cheques wherever i go as i think its the safest option, and a small amount of cash. the local lager is celtia which is very cheap about 50p a bottle. hope this of help and have a great holiday 8)

mandy
Have to agree, I was there last year last week of May begining June and froze in the evenings. Also found there was a chill out of the sun The sun was hot enough to burn but if you went out of direct sun you did need a cardi and it wasnt unsual to see people wrapping themselves in towels
we went on the 12th june for 2 weeks, the first week was definately colder in the evenings,in the second week the weather warmed up a lot so the evenings were not so chilly. going back this year so definately gonna take a cardy this time.

mandy
Hi,

About the vodka red bull - I'm pretty sure they don't have red bull over there, but if memory serves me correctly their version is something called Shark. Whether this is the same in different packaging I don't know as I personally hate the stuff :)! I'm over there next weekend so if I remember in my rush round catching up with people I'll try to ask.

Taking vodka with you might be an option but be subtle about it. Some hotels are very strict on any food or drink been brought in from outside. The Bel Air seems very laid back about things in general, so so long as you keep it in your room it should be ok. I often take a bottle of something with me from duty free and have never had any problems (though I've never stayed at the Bel Air).

If you take travellers cheques try to get as many as possible in smaller denominations. You're limited on the amount of dinar you're allowed to change back and you're not supposed to take any out of the country.

A.x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.