Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Tipping when AI
9 Posts
As my post has had 43 views up to now but no answers

I take it everyone is a clueless as me when it comes to tipping

Unless you are all tight gits who never tip :)
I'll try to help - even though I've never done AI in Cyprus. What I'd suggest is to go to the staff/waiters at a quiet moment and give them a couple of pounds and say "thanks for your excellent service - have a drink on me". They would maybe even refuse it - but they'd really appreciate the gesture.

regards,

Richie
Hi, we're also going to the Constantinos the Great this year on all-inc.
We've been all-inc about 7 times now, twice in Paphos. What we usually do is generally chat to the waiters/waitresses, and after the first couple of days of noting who gives the best service quietly give them a tip and if we get great service from them, another tip at the end of the holiday.
Sometimes if we drink after hours, get them a drink as well as our own, one girl a couple of years ago used to sunbathe on the beach in the daytime, so I'd make a point of taking her a drink.
hi dawnlee, been a/i 4 times in cyprus and always tip the barman, its amazing the amount of people who are surly and rude to barstaff, when on a/i basis ive witnessed it first hand, so a tip works wonders re the service,ant totally appreciated cheers
I've been three times AI in Pathos, I found that if in the first couple of days if I tipped a few of the waiters/waitresses and few pounds each I had excellent service for the rest of the holiday.

Service was quick and plentiful, I would then tip again towards the end of the holiday.

Dave
Thanks for all your advice guys.

I always feel mean if I dont tip usually do it every other time a buy a drink but that is when I am paying not AI, but after a tip being refused last year it has made me a bit unsure.

So I will take your advice and do it discreetly, not as often and only for good service.

Thanks a lot :)
I always drop the bar staff a tip in €'s after the first day - when I've found out who the helpful ones are. After that, the service stays good.
Some of the bars in the hotels have a waiter service and they get a tip as well. When you're leaving, you can always leave the staff a bigger tip with what's left over.
:) :)
I find that if you are eating out or just sat at a table for drinks, then it is only about one or two of the waiters/waitresses who serve that table , normally everything is put on a bill which you ask for when you are ready to leave, it then comes in a small glass, then you can leave your tip if you so wish with the bill. But standing at the bar ,seems as your change normally comes on a saucer then i would leave the small change on the saucer for the barman, it may seem like small change but over a night it all adds up.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.