Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I found the Isaac on Aquasolhotels.com which must be the hotel group that owns it . There is a phone number for the Isaac on there but I can't see an email address. Might be worth just phoning +357 23 833334.
Remember you can dial many countries for just 1p per minute from a BT landline. See the International Callchecker

Marion
If that number above is correct and its straight through to Isaacs, the guy you need to speak to is Andreas. Good bloke - we always go to see him, even though we don't stay there.

I can personally recommend room 309 - the balcony is twice as big as any of the others - honestly, it has a sea and pool view too ;)
Ady

Edit: Of course it doesn't have a pook view - typo :roll:
  • Edited by Pubdog 2006-05-15 19:37:27
pub dog - you appear to know the issac apartments well - are they nice???? are they the other end of the strip to mcdonalds etc??? and if so is that within walking distance for small kids??? me and my husband cant wait to taste the local food but our youngest (a boy of 4) i think would much prefer his mcd's lol.

any advice bout the area etc greatly appreciated as we have never been to cyprus before, although we have been to many greek islands before having the kids.

thanks.
Hi mdaly1,

We stayed there a couple of years ago. I like them, they were clean and spacious (note my comment above).

As you probably know by now, they are actually in Pernera, which is the next village (?) along from Protaras. They are at the McD's end of Protaras though. Can a little one manage the walk? It does get very hot and that might take its toll. Tip: always, but always take water with you.

If you walk up the (gentle) hill from between Isaacs and Anastacia towards the top road, there is a bus stop where you can catch a bus if the little one is flagging. Although there are lots of rabbits running free in one of the fields along the way (just past the duck pond, that isn'rt really a duck pond!) that might be encouragement. :)
Talking of duck ponds go see the one immediately opposite Isaacs.

Alternatively you could walk round the coast.

When are you going ?

Say "Hello" to Andreas fom "Ady in Deryneia" - he will know who you mean ;)
Ady
The Isaac Apartments are in Pernera which is not in the main part of the resort of Protaras. It would take 20 mins or more to walk to McDonalds which would be a struggle with a 4 year old in the heat. There is a Pizza Hut in Pernera and also many good child- friendly restaurants, nearly all do a kids menu. We have stayed in Pernera and Protaras and like both. Pernera is the quieter of the two, it depends what you like to do on holiday.
mdaly there is no way I would do the walk from Pernera to Protaras day or night personally.

Day time its to hot and night time its a bit to much if you have a little one with you.

I normally get a taxi from outside Bennigans Irish/American restaurant that takes me to the strip for C£4.
many thanks to all of you who answered - i'm sure (with a bottle of water as suggested by pub dog) by four year old could be persuaded to mc'ds if need be, but i am hoping that he will try the local food. cant wait now - make it 4 weeks and 4 days!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.