Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Whilst this may not be your problem - Read this in The Sunday Times.

fwh

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-2134163,00.html
Just keep an eye out for it. This too happenned to us when we booked a cruise.
Like you paid in full as less than 12 weeks to travel. kept calling and was fobbed off each time.
Eventually it came to light when the company went into liquidation why it took so long, to receive confirmation (almosr 4 weeks we waited)
We were covered by Abta, and as always had paid by credit card- from which you are also covered.
We were more worried about as to whether we were actually going and was the holiday actually booked in the first place?
I am sure yours will be ok. They do usually say 2 weeks for confirmation.
Out of interest with whom did you book?
Most agents now get their confirmations through a website to make it even faster. If an agent books today, the email with a link to the confirmation that can be printed off, will arrive tomorrow morning. If they are not registered to do this, then it might take up to 14 days to arrive (some tour ops take even longer)

Worth chasing again - have you received the receipt for your payment or is the confirmation from the tour operator that you are waiting for?
Hi pinkbob,
Do you mean the 30th March you booked over the phone :?:

Don't forget the Easter break, I bet you hear something by the weekend, do not worry too much. :wink:

Where about in Turkey are you going :?:

Kazee
I'll try to answer all questions that have been asked in your replies...Yep 30th March was booking date, booked with Travel House, operator being Goldtrail(read some of the reports!!!) to Hermes Hotel b/b. Amutalan area of Marmaris. not had any paperwork at all, not even receipt Our 1st visit to Turkey, we are normally Spanish travellers, done 2 Benidorm and a Tenerife this year already, there are 4 of us going and I've done the booking and after reading some of the reports on hotel/goldtrail, we'll wait and see what happens........as a by the way do you think we could upgrade to half board into Marmaris.....thanks for your interest folks. pinkbob
Firstly you should have had a receipt from the travel agent sent to you in the post on the day of booking - so chase this one up.

Secondly, Goldtrail are not the quickest at sending out paperwork - so you'll need to be patient here - but I did a booking with them on 4 April and have already received the confirmation.

Its your money - chase the agent!!
Panic over folks......confirmation arrived today, all thats left is to enjoy the hols, thanks for your interest....
Glad to hear that pinkbob :D
Have a super time 8) 8)
booked and paid in full, over the phone, for a holiday on 30thApril for travel

Sorry, this thread has confused me......is it an old thread with an incorrect date? Only the author says they had booked and paid for their holidfay on April 30th......well, its only April 19th as I write this.
BHIC ... if you read through the thread, you will see that this has already been raised and pinkbob has confirmed the booking date as 30 March.

David
hi, we booked online on 28th feb 2006 and although we've received our booking confirmation by post and i've spoken to first choice to confirm that payment for the deposit has been received the payment has not yet appeared on my visa statements - we've had two statements since booking- is this normal? i've never booked online before so not sure what to expect.
Would just like to remind everyone to make sure that they check their holiday confirmation thoroughly and read through everything you receive carefully.
My boyfriends mum booked through Global late deals to Bangkok and the Chaba Cabana beach resort in Koh Samui Thailand for 6 of us. She received one confirmation that stated the correct hotel, however last week a full itenary and tickets arrived stating we had booked a different hotel, apparantly it is the sister hotel to the Chaba Cabana and has a very similar name, so she did well to pick up on it.
Having stayed at the Chaba Cabana twice before she knew that she had definately requested this particular hotel, even down to specific rooms!
Fortunately after many phone calls the situation has been resolved but it could have been a very different story if she had not been so vigilant.
klepto UK has your balance gone on to your credit card statement yet? We've got the same incidence. I paid over the phone for our holiday with my boyf's credit card and I received receipt and confirmation letter that balance was now 0 a couple of days later. This was 31st March and it's still not showing on the statement.

Boyf phoned his card issuer and they said something about it had to be presented to them. I don't know what they are on about because they phoned him the day I paid it to confirm his authorisation as it was an unusual transaction for him. It should have gone through at that point, I figured anyway.

Anyway, we've got our tickets now so the holidays fine, meanwhile he keeps checking and it still hasn't appeared!
hi, no it still hasn't gone off, my mother in law is the same and she payed on a debit card via the internet. i've rang them (fc) and checked but they just say that payment has been okayed and nothing else is due until august! that's fine for me at least we're not paying interest at the moment, i'm wondering if it'll go on in august when the rest is due, think i'll just sit tight and wait and see, we got a great price for the holiday as it was but if they don't take the deposit it will be an even better price!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.