Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
The beaches ae much better on the east side of Cyprus. I am sure one of our regular visitors to Protaras will be able to answer the question in more detail for you soon.

Kath HT Admin
:sun ............ the Beaches In Protaras and Pernera ( a little resort In Itself just outside Protaras) are lovely. :D

Yianna Marie Resort Is lovelyhttp://yiannamarie.com/yianna_marie_bar.htm........ as Is FigTree Bay..... the sea Is Crystal clear aswell...... great for snorkelling :fish ....... however, especially In the Summer months and on weekends, the beaches can tend to get a little over crowded, especially with locals.

......... this is when we take the opportunity to hire a car and do some sight seeing........ :wink:
There are some great beaches in the Pafos area if you know how to find them, it does take a little effort, of course you have Coral Bay but it is a little way from Pafos, good job really otherwise there would be little room to sit on it, if you look to the right when on that beach you will see the far side is normally empty, and this is the reason not many find the good beaches in this area, they are here and you will need a car to find them, but with a little effort by the tourist it will benifit your holiday no end..

this is Lara beach a short drive from Coral Bay beach..usually you will be the only one on it apart from those Turtles.

http://web.uni-frankfurt.de/fb09/kulturanthro/e/projects/cyprus/contacts/lara4.jpg
I agree with Jim. There are plenty of lovely little beaches on the west coast of the island but you do need a car to find them.

Not much in the way of facilities but great if you want to get away from it all.

Lara Bay is a turtle hatchery and remains one of the few places on the island where the turtles are left in peace.
hey Jimbox where abouts is that Lara beach? we are staying at helios bay inbetween paphos and C.Bay that sounds near?
Hire a car and keep heading west, 4x4 will make the short trip more comfortable...nothing there though only a great beach and some turtles...
You'll find Lara Beach on this map

And you do need a 4x4!

Marion
I've gone from Coral Bay to Polis over the Akamas in a saloon car, can be done but as I posted just a little uncomfortable. :cry: only one road so a map is really not needed. Do not park on the beach for two reasons, the rangers will fine you heavily and you may get up to your axles in sand needing a tug out!

Have fun..take water!!
Hi there,ive been to protaras 7 years running beaches superb,fig tree bay the best ive been to caribeean several times playacar and cancun in mexico,dominican and i would still rather be on fig tree book and enjoy.
nothing there though only a great beach and some turtles...

And the Viklari/Last Castle Restaurant.
At the northern end of the bay is the Lara Taverna. Leon on draught!!

Mark
Mark morning

to get to the turtle beach you will need of course to drive further west past the ''last castle'' track to get to that beach in my photo...

Jim...

hope you are well!!
Hi Juttkeys,
Just to add, seeing as it sounds like you fancy a trip to Lara Bay, it is best as Marion says to use a 4 x 4 as although people do use saloons it can be a bit rough. :twisted: We have used both and atleast in a 4 x 4 you don't worry as much. :tup It's well worth the trip as the beach is lovely and very quiet.
If you do decide to go further up the Akamas or over to Polis that way, then we do recommend you take a map as there are several different tracks to chose once you get beyond Lara Bay, especially if you've never been before. Take plenty of water, and maybe a sun umbrella, :sun as you are out on a limb up there should you be unfortunate enough to breakdown. :bawl

Amber and Karl :wave :yipee
As I suggested...another point take a cell phone!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.