Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
thanks Tony.Sounds like they have a lot to do before the 2nd. Some photos would be good- they can hardly argue with that. Let us know how you get on.
Good Morning. As promised an update on the works and my contact with Balkan via Lunn Poly. Spent nearly 90 minutes yesterday battling with Balkans and really to no avail. Lunn Poly rep was Brilliant. I have e-mail dated 25/05 stating all work will be stopped at new Hotel Flamingo adjacent to Bratislava Hotel. I had letter sent to Travel Agents Saturday, stating the work will be of no inconvenience. I had my daughters phone call telling me of the works going on(I know who I want to believe after 44 years). Today the girl at Balkan said she did not know of a letter being sent to me. We were asked to fax it so she could read it. 10 mins later she said she had found it. No we could not be moved it was too late and she stated that a male manager had just returned from Albena and there was only painting going on. I then stated that We would go to Hotel under duress and I would be e-mailing them with other information. this contained again we would be going under duress, armed with the Package Tour and Travel Regulations (Thank You) My digi cameras and my Camcorder to film any pictures that maay aid any case if needed. I asked for confirmation of receipt, nothing yet. Sorry long winded but you all need to know. will keep you updated. Tonyt.
Tony
I really hope you have a better holiday than you think you are going to have. You have certainly done all the right things.
Thank you for your concern. After speaking with Baldur this morning, I have printed off copy of yesterdays e-mail and sent it recorded to Balkan keeping a photocopy of that copy for myself.. Holiday no problem its the accomodation. I have two Sunday Schools to attend in outback villages. A visit to an orphanage. Red Cross Centre and a visit lined up to Varna Prison to visit Michael Shields, plus my daughter is down there for the next week. Again Thanks. Tonyt
Just a little more on the saga. As expected no acknowledgement from Balkan to my e-mail, but thanks to Baldur I sent a copy via recorded delivery yesterday and I know they have that as I tracked it using the postal tracking system. It even gave me the Branch that Delivered it. Lunn Poly now have it all on their file and I have copies to take with me. now all packed a couple of Bob in my wallet so lets go for it. Tonyt
Hi Tony,

....a couple of Bob in my wallet...

Careful, you're giving away your age by using that phrase - and mine for understanding it. :wink:

Hope all goes well, have a great holiday and I'm sure that your pastoral works will be successful.

Baldur
Good Evening Baldur, you must have missed in my earlier posting I have a daughter of 44. Thanks for the wishes. Tonyt
(Off topic)

You want to be careful using "Bob" because some of us "Sex in the City" generation will think you mean "Battery Operated Boyfriend" !

On a serious note, best wishes for your holiday, and if the proverbial poop hits the fan, demand nothing more than a refund, compensation and a whole heap of apologies!

Maz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.