Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Balchik
7 Posts
Hi Stuart,

Balchik is a small town with a working harbour and developing marina, botanical gardens & Queen Maria of Romania's summer Palace. It's rather pretty - see HERE for some photos.

I believe that a couple of golf courses are proposed/being developed but they are not in Balchik itself - the site that I visited last year was near the village of Topola, between Balchik & Kavarna.

The road is the main E87, which is OK.

Baldur
Thanks Baldur for your thoughts. It looks pretty but I just dont know if golf course Ian Woosnam Lighthouse would get rental or not. Hard to call.

Appreciated Stuart
I think you should check if Balchik is in the "Red Zone". I have a feeling it is as there was a landslide there a few years back. This would certainly have implications for insurance.
Hi Fiona,

I'm pretty sure that you are correct, if I recall correctly, there is a land-slip area in the Northern part of Balchik at least.

Baldur.
glad you can confirm this- I don't like to think I have given out wrong info!
The lighthouse golf course is up on the cliff and wow that could be a shocking thing to happen. Thanks for letting me know

Stuart
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.