Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
will this go far
12 Posts
Also we have posts here where members have given costs. Very handy.
I was also thinking along the same lines as my partner is now worrying that we are not taking enough. Going self catering for one week but we also have 3 smallish children. Not planning on doing any major excursions but would like to have a bit spare for massages and prezzies. So should £750 be enough when taking all main meals, drinks, ice cream ,sunbeds, bus fares etc into account? What do other people take?
didnt realise that they got paid that little well ill certainly stop worrying now then. what would be the average tip i should leave a maid for the 2 weeks as i want to leave something substantial and make there day being the generous person that i am lol! mel x
Iceep

The link you provide does not relate to the costs in the resorts which are much higher. The average Bulgarian can not afford to holiday there.

Patka
Patka
Your right, this is true to resorts in most countries, but it might give a rough guide to what you may need in spending money.
jceep

Multiply by 3 and you will be nearer the mark. Still much cheaper than here but the prices in Plovdiv are in no way comparable to those of the resorts and it is very misleading to the tourists still to visit.

Patka
Hi Mel,

This post from Tonyt gives a good idea of resort prices this year -

HERE

There are two Bulgarias - the real one and the 'Disneyland' of the tourist resorts. The resorts are at least X 3 the prices away from them in the real Bulgaria.

Also bear in mind that self catering in Bulgaria is rather a myth. It really means 'get your own breakfast' (cereals not bacon and beans!!) because you don't have handy supermarkets like Spar in Spain selling proper food. All you can buy in the Bulgarian resort mini-markets are the makings of snacks and sandwiches - not proper meals, no fresh meat & veg.

Peter
Golden Sands prices as of JUNE 2006

large beer 1.5 to 3 lev depending on time/venue

kebab 3.5 lev

fish and chips 7 lev

can coke 1 lev

meal 5 - 20 lev

cigs 2.8 lev for 20

pat
That's great Pat, a good up to date list of resort prices - thanks.

Peter
Mel,

There is ALWAYS somewhere cheap to eat if you look around. If we have spent too much during the day we head for a cheap night out - if we haven't pent that much - we head for a more expensive (resort centre) restaurant.

John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.