Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi ClaireAnthony,

There is a minibus service which runs from Burgas to Varna & vice versa, via Sunny Beach - timetable can be seen HERE (look for the heading "БУРГАС-ВАРНА" which is "Burgas-Varna" in Bulgarian), the fare from Burgas to Varna is shown as 8 Leva HERE. These buses will pass near Obzor, if not actually call in to that resort. There will probably be other minibus companies which service Obzor in the holiday season - best to check with your hotel's reception/tour rep.

As far as taxis are concerned, fares for tourists are anybody's guess - each legitimate taxi must have its rates displayed on the vehicle (in Bulgarian) but you will be very lucky to get anywhere near the 'real' rate as a Western European tourist. The best plan is to negotiate a fare before getting into a taxi and stick to it. It's around 32 kilometres (just under 20 miles) from Obzor to Sunny Beach and around 76 Kilometres (approx. 47.25 miles) from Obzor to Golden Sands.

Baldur
Baldur

Thanks for this it's very helpful.
I found that the bus services can be limited in where they exactly go.
Even though taxis are cheap there towards the uk if you use these all the time will end up being expensive.
Trains can be very slow also but cheap again.

I would recommend hiring a car if you can, cost effective.
I've never found a problem re the buses being limited as to where they go.

Hiring a taxi for the day can be more cost effective than hiring a car and you are free to have a drink without worrying re alcohol limits.

Patka
I would recommend hiring a car if you can, cost effective.

Whilst there are differing views on this, a lot of us who really know Bulgaria do not advise hiring cars because, - - we really do know Bulgaria and what the roads and driving standards are like, plus a lot of other pitfalls.

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.