Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
i know you can only buy 200 in the shop but it interesting to see what it says on the board plus what the shop says as last year they tried to sell us 1000 but we knew it was only 200
Last year you could buy 1000 quite legitimately because you were going to a non-EU country. The fact that it was illegal to import them into Bulgaria was nothing to do with UK. Had you bought 1000 and been stopped at Burgas or Varna you could have had them all confiscated or worse according to Bulgarian law. That the shop sold you them would not have been an excuse. The responsibility rests solely with you.

Patka
I just got back yesterday and we were not allowed to buy cigarettes in the duty free shop at Bourgas Airport.

The allowance from Bulgaria is still definately only 200 cigarettes but you had to buy in the resort.

Our rep told us that we were allowed the full EU duty free allowance but that was definately incorrect information.

We did get to buy cigarettes on our flights which was with First choice from Glasgow. £27 for 400 and £18 for 200. But don't count on buying them on the way home as they hardly had any left. I think I got the last carton and we were in row 10 on the plane.
Thanks Liz, most useful information.

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.