General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Maria ... as First Choice no longer exists as an airline, is it Thomson you are flying with ? If so, you may like to check out/post in the Thomson Airways topic in our Airlines & Airports forum.

David :wave
I have travelled long haul with Thomson and upgraded to Premium seats which were approx £200 each from memory - I would never travel long haul with out upgrading - it's all about inches :rofl honestly though it does make a huge difference to your comfort
Personally I would not pay out that much for a charter flight upgrade, The normal cabin on First choice long haul is not to bad and you really don't get much for the extra.

We have flown across the Atlantic a few times with them and I have had a good look at the upgrade cabin and just cant see much difference.
MilleMiglia wrote:
Personally I would not pay out that much for a charter flight upgrade, The normal cabin on First choice long haul is not to bad and you really don't get much for the extra.

We have flown across the Atlantic a few times with them and I have had a good look at the upgrade cabin and just cant see much difference.

My son noticed the big difference (he's lots taller than me) in legroom and the extra inches across the bottom for me helped :rofl
Ok well I suppose if very tall or very wide then every inch must count! :que and it does stop the obese spilling into other passengers seats I suppose.

But in terms of service I think its poor value for money.

We were offered an upgrade for £75 pp on a Thompson flight/First Choice Plane on the way back from Mexico last year, but seeing as we had to drive so could not even make use of the free bar we didn't bother.

Have been lucky enough to fly BA club class with work twice, now this really is an upgrade worth the money! If your not picking up the bill that is ;)
I would just like to point out for the record Millemiglia that I am not obese at all :rofl and my comment about the extra inches was tongue in cheek.

I would pay the upgrade on Thomson each and everytime, I have used Thomson for many many years and think their service is good and have found no fault, there are always passengers of course who find fault with everything and nothing pleases them, but you get that with anything don't you.
We always upgrade. Hubby needs the extra legroom, 33" is not enough for a longhaul trip.
We would do it even if he didn't need the legroom. I like the smaller cabin and I do like to be near the front of the plane. Hubby doesn't drink alcohol and I don't drink much when flying but we get through a good few quids worth in bottled water lol.
Worth every penny to us.
Just looking at the premier seats and it doesn't give you the option to choose where you sit so you could be sat away from your partner which I would hate for 10 hours. We arent tall 5 foot 6 and 5 foot 8 just thought as it's the longest we've flown would maybe considered paying more for comfort.
mari
Premium seating already includes 'sitting together' which means you could also be infront/behind or separated by an aisle.
You can pre-book seat numbers at no extra charge, but the earliest you can do this is 90 days prior to your return flight.
Miss Pink wrote:
I would just like to point out for the record Millemiglia that I am not obese at all :rofl and my comment about the extra inches was tongue in cheek.

I would pay the upgrade on Thomson each and everytime, I have used Thomson for many many years and think their service is good and have found no fault, there are always passengers of course who find fault with everything and nothing pleases them, but you get that with anything don't you.

I didnt say you were?? :(

where did I say that Miss Pink??
MilleMiglia wrote:
Miss Pink wrote:

I didnt say you were?? :(

where did I say that Miss Pink??

You make me smile Millemiglia :D
We flew with First Choice to the Dominican and paid for the upgrade to premium and it was worth every single penny.

We are going to Goa with them in Feb on an ex FC plane and again have chosen to pay the extra £600 to upgrade us. My husband will ALWAYS upgrade if possible (although I'm not as fussed and sometimes think that £600 could be better spent on another holiday). That said, I know when I am sitting in that seat for eleven hours I will be glad we upgraded.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.