America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
WOW that is a good price

i suppose it depends on your hotel but we are going in April for 5 days (4 nights) and its costing a bit more than that

Have a check on expedia - you can get good deals on booking your flight and hotel together as a package

Jo

*Edit to remove text message style abbreviations. Please try and avoid using them when posting on the forum. Thanks. Pippy*
Thank you for the reply jo, it is by no means a 5 star hotel, in fact it's as basic as basic gets http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g60763-d80083-Reviews-Chelsea_Lodge-New_York_City_New_York.html but as you can see from the link it's rated 13 out of 340 hotels in NY which means i'm 100% not going to a dive...... which is nice to know :D
yeah it looks ok

i always go on the candid traveller pics and they look good

we have picked a big hotel right in times square so ours is a bit more pricey
Yeah I'd like to do that but the budget won't allow :? Where are yous taying Jo? If you don't mind me asking that is!!
We are staying at the Westin Times Square

we splashing out a bit as its the hubby's birthday so its a treat

Jo
Yes it's a great price. We flew from Manchester last May, booking flights and hotel separately and it cost us around £1100 for our flights and apartment on 49th St (Radio City Apartments).

The flight is about 6/7 hours if I remember correctly. It's shorter one way but I can't remember which!

My trip report is on the New York thread in the city break forum if you need any ideas of things to do. Here, if you scroll about half way down - http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=16727&start=80

Hope that helps, any questions just shout.
We are going to NY on the 9th Feb for a week, transfers included in a 3* near to Empire state building, so its central, this is for our 20th wedding anniversary. I just looked at my invoice and it cost us £1000 total with Virgin. I got a disc with them, but then paid with my Virgin credit card and got another 10% off. This is flying from Heathrow. My Mum rang me yesterday from the top of the empire state, wasnt amused she was their before us :cry
We went for NY for 5 nights at the end of November 2007, booking through Expedia. We paid £600 each, so I'd say you've got a great deal. We stayed just off Times Square - a great central location.
Hi off the New York Feb 9th. Never been before and getting very excited!!!
Have booked hotel and flight through expedia. Was wondeing what the cost of a cab/taxi would be from JFK to central park? Or if there was an alternative to transfering from airport to hotel - have been told to avoid shuttle buses! Thanks Angelcake72 :que
I think from my research its approx 30 quid in a taxi

You will have to let us know how you get on we dont go til April
Hi Angelcake

You'll find further transfer info HERE

Pippy :)
I had been looking for a flights/accom for a few months, we are going 14th March-19th March this year and i has seen Salisbury hotel New York at a good price i read all the reviews and i looked at it on 4th Jan, i was going to book it on the 6th the price had came down from £593 to £528 each for both flight /accom.

so on the 6th, i went to book and it jumped to £645 bloody typical, so after looking again i got the Amsterdam court hotel for £522 each, im happy with that but i had set heart on salisbury hotel.

And after i had booked Amsterdam court hotel 1 of my mates tells me he stayed in the Salisbury last year and it was great.

booked it on Expedia
I stayed in the Salisbury last year and can't fault it. I'm going back on 19 March this year.

Last time I booked the shuttle through expedia for both trips. I had to wait about 20 mins for the shuttle on arrival and apart from that I have no complaints. However, I could not get through to them to arrange the shuttle back to JFK when we were leaving, so got a cab instead. This time, I'm doing the same shuttle on arrival - cab back.
If anyone would like to post a review for the hotels mentioned please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :)
Well that means i will just have to go back next year to stay at the Salisbury :D

Never been to NY so looking forward to it :)
hi everyone, not been on for a while mix up with passwords etc. we are off to new york for third time on 13th march for 5 nights were staying at beacon hotel more along central park area, last twice stayed at renaissance in times square this was brill location.
however budget does not allow on this occasion. we will be there for st patricks day which we have been told is great so expect it to busier than usual. has anyone done the trip to niagra to see it from both sides? if so how was it and what size of plane was it in?
I just booked 4 nights in New York for the last week in August, I booked the flights flying from Belfast to Newark from opodo costing £480 each this is a direct flight flying with continental airlines and staying in the Radisson hotel on Lexington Avenue which I booked through booking.com altogether for two adults we paid £1400.
We're going back on the 28th June for 7 nights. We have flights with BA from Manchester to JFK that cost us 701 and we're staying at Second home on second avenue, we chose a more apartment type cause we're there for a full 7 nights and we have a private bathroom and shared kitchen facilities (with one other room so not crowded). All in total it's cost us give or take a £ or two 1400 for the two of us, which for a week I thought was a great price. We went on the 30th Nov last year for three nights and paid just over £1000 with flights from Manchester to Newark with Continental and stayed at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Tribeca which was a great little hotel. Can't wait to go back again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.