Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Eifion ... we have plenty of info on these hotels for you to look at:

For our Hotel Ambassador Playa thread, please click here.

For our Hotel Princesa thread, please click here.

Please feel free to post any specific questions in those threads.

We also have reviews of both hotels, please click here.

David :wave
  • Edited by David 2007-01-29 22:27:14
Hi, I see that you have opted for the Princessa rather than the Ambassador.

Although the Ambassador is much more central, there are a few nice bars and restaurants close to where you will be staying. We have stayed in the Benimar Apartment a couple of times and they are just up the road from there.

The Witches Brew is a very nice restaurant with an imaginative menu and the Britannia pub a couple of door away from there is very friendly and reasonably priced. (That's if they are both still there as it's a while since i was around that area.)

The Princessa is in a quiet location but not too far from either the Old or New town.

I hope that you have a lovely time.

Sue :)
:D Hi all,

when i logged on this evening i was exited to see so many replies to my post of yesterday!

although the thread seems to have gathered mometum fuelled by the correcting of some replies that appear to be off topic! :no

i have enjoyed reading the banter, however if any one has any direct experience of staying at either hotel i would be most grateful, particularly interested now re. the princesa as we booked it yesterday afternoon, couldn't resist the fantastic deal offered by thomson on the web.

keep up the good work all, inc. David. :bow

regards,

Eifion. :yipee
Hi Eifion .. I have now removed 2 pages of off topic discussion :yikes from the thread, which hopefully may make it easier to attract the feedback which you require.

David :wave
I have stayed at the Princessa on two occasions, and had a great time. On one occasion we were allocated a family room which was huge. The staff were friendly and very helpful, and the food was superb. The only downside at that time was the entertainment, which wasn't too good (but you've got masses of entertainment on hand in Benidorm), although bingo played in three languages was a laugh!!!!

I can vouch for the Britannia bar down the road which was very friendly and a good place to meet and chat with fellow holidaymakers, and of course you have the Old Town on your doorstep.

At the end of a night out at the clubs in the Levante area get a taxi back to the Princessa - it won't break the bank??
:D Hi I have stayed at the Ambassador twice (But dont want to sing it's praises too much :lol: - as I noticed you have booked the pricessa).

The hotel is really lovely, in a great location, the food is lovely, and they do have themed nights (eg Italian, indian, mexican) - and all the staff dress up for the occassion. The children have their own seperate food counter (Although they can use which they prefer).

The room are kept spotless, towels changed every day, bedding every other day. We emailed hotel on both occassions and asked for a pool view, on the second floor, and got what we asked for on both occassions.

The entertainment, was the usual, magic, comedian, dancers etc..., although we never stayed in hotel, we prefer going out and around benidorm.

The staff are polite and helpful, I smashed a glass in bathroom (Tried my best to gather as much glass up as possible, but it smashed into tiny pieces), the maid came up, and thoroughly brushed up, pulling beds out etc.... Our 12 yr old ran after her down the corridor, and tried to give her a 5E tip, she wouldnt accept it, so he put it in her pinny pocket and ran off!!! (Every time she saw him after that, she would blow him a kiss, and wave up to him, if he was sat in the balcony!

The Hotel is recommended for wheelchair users too, it has ramps, and you can charge your scooter in the lobby overnight too.

We thoroughly enjoyed our first stay here so much, I had booked within a week of arriving home, to go again, (Taking a very fussy mother!), which she enjoyed thoroughly too!

Any further questions, just ask. Regards, BBB
Hi Bellyballyboo,

is that the Priceessa or the Abassordor you was commenting about?

Danny 8)
:D Hi danny!

It was the Ambassador Hotel I was commenting on!

Regards, BBB.
o right cool sounds a nice hotel from what you was saying :)

So when are you off back there 8)
:D Hi Danny!

I'm off back in August - staying at Hotel Orange, then going in October- staying at Hotel Regente.

Would have gone back to Ambassador, but got a great deal for the above.

Hope you have a great time, once you've been, you'll not want to go anywhere else. I wont even consider going anywhere else now. (And this is coming from a person who swore they would never go back to the same place twice :oops: ).

Enjoy, BBB
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.