Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
read the subject !! ' priority/speedy boarding '

Interesting Article, despite comments I still think Easyjet are a cut above Ryanair.
hi....all...........a simple answer seems to be .check in early go to the boarding area early and then claim your place in the queue to get on the plane......i have seen too many times to number .family members increase in size from parents and children to grandparents to uncles aunties cousins 14 times removed all going on the plane first because they are a family.even though they check in later and then wander around the duty paid shops .
they still expect to board first.......meanwhile those of us who have no children wait untill the better seats have all gone and we may have to sit apart..................
ok...rant over.........
regards.......john-doe.......
check in early go to the boarding area early and then claim your place in the queue to get on the plane

Unfortunately your place in the 'queue' (if it is even forming in advance of your flight being announced as ready for boarding) will be undermined by an unspecified number of 'speedy/priority' boarders (nominally up to 65 in the case of Ryanair and often even more in practice) who will be in a separate queue that is allowed to board ahead of you.

Being early doesn't seem to be particularly advantageous these days ...
and of course with Easyjet or Ryanair if you have to bus to the plane (which they do say on their website) there is no guarantee you will be one of the first on the plane so personally the extra money is not worth it, you might as well just put the elbows in like everybody else.
That is why I prefer to travel with an airline that allocates seats!

Pippa
reminds me of a wondeful incident a few years ago on a Ryanair Dublin- Manchester when granny led the charge of extended family to grab the front seats. Unfortunately for them Ryanair used T2 at Manchester which was designed for proper inetrnational arrivals only so passengers from Irish flights have to be bussed around passport control - unloading from the back door of the plane!

Personally I'm not really bothered about speedy boarding, everyone takes off at the same time. Now if we could get speedy unloading, that would be worth something!
Judith
I did read the subject post but if you look the link is missing in it or I wouldnt have posted as I did.Do you see now?
Thank you debdon for posting it.
and of course with Easyjet or Ryanair if you have to bus to the plane (which they do say on their website) there is no guarantee you will be one of the first on the plane so personally the extra money is not worth it, you might as well just put the elbows in like everybody else.

This happened to us when we flew out a couple of weeks ago. I really felt for the lady with a 6 week old baby. She was first to go through the gate to board because of having an infant but ended up being last off the bus and behind about 60 people getting on the plane.
What a pity that kindness, commonsense and compassion go out of the window in such a situation.
hi....alsacienne..........its called human nature i am afraid ......and it will never change which is a pity.........
regards.....john-doe.......
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.