Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Don't know if this will help. I managed to get through after about 10 mins this morning on 0871 664 7801. They are a bit of a nightmare really.

Good Luck. It sounds like they are treating you dreadfully. No idea how they can suddenly send you a bill for £100 out of the blue, how on earth can they justify taking off the on-line booking discount at this stage, if you booked on-line ? It's like changing the terms and conditions after you have booked.

Doe
They did the same with us with regard to the £100.00. You need to phone them stating it is showing you still owe £100.00, they will then take it off. They did not admit to me it was their mistake. One big cock up for all the people who booked their holidays with Direct Hols. Never again, they are absolutely useless
I used to work for MYT writing and proof reading the brochures, including Egypt (which included Direct) and had my holiday to Ghazala Gardens (tomoz!) changed. In the event of any changes on their part, they must move you to an equivelent star rating hotel - if not, you must be compensated. It should be in the back of the brochure T&Cs.
Don't suppose you want to hear this but I haven't been able to get through to T. Cook either, only by email and that has proved absolutely fruitless. I am not in the same boat as you but have provblems with my hoilday which is due next week. I think you have a good basis for a claim of compensation if they do not offer you the equivalent or upgrade for the same price. Don't forget they have a contract with you so are under obligation.
I have put my complaint in writing and sent via recorded delivery and stated they must respond within 14 days of the date of receipt. That is the legal requiremnet. however, be warned, they may just respond with a 'we acknowledge your letter and are investigating'.
There's a list of none 08 numbers plus various office numbers

http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

If the above doesn't work go to http://www.saynoto0870.com and type in Thomas Cook.

I'd suggest you phone Ros Fernihough:-

The direct number to Ros's PA Pam is 01922 705134

If this line is busy switchboard number 01922 633214
I was also meant to go to the Ghazala Gdns, they moved us to the Sonesta Club (thanks Thomas Cook)
They say it is the same star rating, I have told them it is not. They agreed to match the price that was coming up on one of the days I phoned and emailed them (I constantly harassed them) They put the price down by about £80.00. Other than that they will not see that what they have done is wrong, they should put people in the same star rating hotel. One of my arguments was that the Sonesta is not in Naama, they have said if I get taxi receipts they will consider refunding me for these. Wont hold my breath, can you imagine that hassle of trying to get receipts. Fact is the customers are getting a raw deal. In a way I am glad the price of holidays are going up, hoping that it hits Thomas Cook/Direct holidays hard. I would love to see them go down the pan.
Sophie...I was put in the Club side first, but as I worked for MYT I knew it wasn't the same class as the Ghazala Gardens.

Fight your cause, say you know Thomas Cook have a contract for the Sonesta Beach (sister hotel), so you want putting in there - I had it done for free...not sure if that's because I worked there, but do try!!!

BTW. Sonesta is in Naama but will take about 20mins to walk there :)
Hi Sazzy
It has got to the point where I can no loner be bothered with it now. T/C just lie all the time. I may follow it up after the holiday, depending on what I think of the Sonesta Club.

Thanks
Spent all day wed on the phone trying to speak to someone who could help with my original issue, to my complete victor meldrew " i dont believe it" after exactly 61 mins on the phone to uk operations in bradford a "customer service assistant said "hello" then before I had time to utter a word the line went dead!!!!!! Has anyone been lucky enough to get changed or upgraded when actualy at the resort due to the incompetance of the uk "operations team? :rage :rage :rage .
from mr angry again, we received a voice mail twice today from t/c uk support asking for us to contact them, however not only did they have the wrong family on the voicemail but the number they gave was for a dept only open mon-fri how did they ring us on a sunday then.Im off the opinion that the company is in dissarray and left hand does know what right hand is doing. :( :(
back from our holiday in hurghada, unfortunately the T/C fiasco continues, we were delayed 10 hours at manchester airport on departure due to a problem with the plane, the poor girls on the T/C desk were dumped in it at a great height with no information and i quote " sorry we have been trying to contact the duty manager but she is not replying" this was after an hour after the first 2 hour delay that they had told us about, apparently they were waiting for someone to print a letter. when we finally got the hotel some 24 hours after leaving home, they had no confirmation of the upgraded room type from T/C , We were then left waiting until all the other passengers had checked in, because of the long delay we missed out on the evening meal for that nght and due to the 2 hour time change and the fact we got there at 6am local time we missed the first breakfast a point at which the rep could not help us with, the holiday itself was great the sunrise holidays resort is very good however not the 5 star we had booked as the rooms needed updating. ON our return we had a 2 hour delay which apparently they already knew before they picked up from resorts, and to top it all i have come back with tonsillitus .whilst at the airport we noticed all the english flights had been delayed by thomas cook however all the foreign flights were on time what does that tell us???.Will definetely be going back to EGYPT but definetely not with thomas cook lets hope they make some changes at the top of their organisation!!!!!! :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.