Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I am no way an expert, but suppose the first thing I'd ask you was,

did you book a package with a travel agent
or book direct with virgin website
Book special assistance (my aunty had to do this at Xmas, they told the travel agent)

although never been to America myself have heard so many stories about attitude that I'm not surprised they didnt help.

If yes to any of above thats where you start complaining, especially if paid extra for this assistance or the special seats. Put it in writing, but be clear what you want e.g. apology, assurance it wont happen again. Not sure about compensation as we dont know what had been promised to be provided or what you paid extra for. Or even what provision does Virgin provide for people with medical problems

You'd have thought they're used to dealing with special medical requirements as lots of people go to America for treatment.

Assume you got help over here, perhaps thats all you can expect, I know my auntys flight back from Lanzarote they didnt get much help, but her needs were mild compared to your daughters.

If you dont get anywhere i'd be finding Richard Bransons email address and also BBC watchdog and local press and MP, but thats only what I'd do.

Good luck with it.

Bev
I saw that this post had many views and didn't want not to post anything. I am glad to hear you arrived back in the UK safely and hope your daughters health improves.

You need to write to the airline directly and Virgin Holidays and inform them ASAP. They do have a duty of care for passengers. I'm not an expert but there are certain EU regs for passengers with medical requirements and explains how they should be met.

Can I also mention, that if you were telling the airline or cabin crew staff that your daughter was going to starve to death in 24 hours, then they may have wanted to get you home as quickly as possible, even if the chair wasn't available or the leg room wasn't suitable.

I am pleased you weren't caught up in the 6 day NO Fly zone with the volcanic ash in April and the one earlier this week which delayed/cancelled passengers by up to 2 days at least, from returning back to the UK from the US. Flight delays do happen and having back up medication/ or fluids is vital when you travel. Even more so at the moment.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.