Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
proguanil
4 Posts
I always buy my Paludrine and Avloclor(chloroquine and proguinal) at a little chemists just past the beira mar on the same side of the road( Baga rd). I always buy for the following year(check dates).However,last year i called in at the larger new chemists/opticians on the other side of the road,and he was asking nearly 3 times as much...no way,so over the road i went. Suppose he has got to pay for the new premises somehow :rofl .
:cheers Paula
As anybody tried Doxycycline? I have tried the traditional malaria drugs but the stomach cramps etc, put me off so my doctor recommended these, I have been given 8 tabs which i have to take two first day then one for the next six days.

Steve.

PS.. I have mentioned this before but I would highly reccomend Boots mosquito spray with 50% deet it comes as a spray and is about £7, I have tried loads of others but I find this very effective and would not travel to Goa without it.
I took Doxycycline last year as malaria tablets make me feel ill and I'm also rubbish at remembering to take them . You're supposed to be careful in the sun as they can make you 'sun sensitive' but I had no problem.

I think what people take is so much of an individual choice that there is no right or wrong but what suits each person....BUT malaria can be a killer so precautions are needed.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.