General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
:D No, I wouldn't risk it, whether it's a beach abroad, or blackpool beach. BBB.
lane.

i suppose it does depend on where you are going.

when we went to sharm in egypt we all went swimming in the sea for up to an hour at times. we left everything under our sunbeds. didn't have any problems. the same can be said when we've been to corfu and menorca. medot.xx
Tend to leave our stuff on the beach in the Far East...then again is not as if we are leaving anything worth nicking and that could not be replaced in resort.

Have only had one thing taken while abroad (camera) and have good reason too believe it was taken by a fellow Brit - although could not prove it in a court of law.
I have left things before and always been ok. Technically you shouldn't, but I've always left towels and a little loose change hidden. I know I am taking a risk, but have never left anything valuable. If I have anything valuable, I put it in a water-proof holder.
We like to play in the water together sometimes!! :D
Well it really comes down to common sense!

Don't leave anything valuble, or anything that looks valuble. If you just leave a towel with a bottle of water on it and maybe your flip flops you should be fine but I wouldn't leave a video camera/ mp3 player etc lying about no matter where I am on holiday!
I always leave my stuff. I would hide anything moderately valuable out of sight but I think stuff like towels and books should be fine. Whats the alternative? Take your towel with you?

Bridd
Could you not dig a hole in the sand and bury your valuables, then just lay your towel,bag, water, shoes on the top so you know where your treasure is hidden, we've done this in the past and never had any problems.
My husband left his new trainers on the beach at Skanes, Tunisia, and was surprised ( Iwasn`t) when he came out of the sea to find them gone. He talked of nothing else for a week!
I think towles, clothes and sun tan oil would be ok but dont leave valuable items lying around , tourists are a main target dont forget ! depends where you go and how busy /crowded the beach/resort is .

Happy Holidays! :lol:
We have never had a problem but I am careful about not leaving anything of value on show. Occasionally have left things with fellow tourists whilst going for a swim / walk along beach but this too can be risky!
thanks everyone for the info we are going to costa teguise,be better to leave our things at the apartment then and just take our towels. :thanks :wave
Hi lane! In Costa Teguise I'm more worried about stuff blowing away in the 'breeze' :wink: A good tip really is to leave everything valuable in the safe in your room, unless you're out on a big shopping trip, the only things you'll need on the beach are your towels, suncream and a few Euros to buy drinks. I'll be there in 7 weeks and 6 days :yipee
Hi,
My wife had her bag stolen from under her sunbed on a little beach at the back of the hotel while she was asleep on it in Figueritas,Ibiza.She lost her watch and a gold bracelet.Lesson learnt,don't leave any valuables unattended.
Guess who had to replace them? :(
hi cyber thanks for the advice i think that would be the best thing to do better to be on the safe side, do people come round selling the drinks then :?: the weeks are rolling by now but it still seems along time for me anyway i have orderd some eccellernt out of the avon it must be neww as i havent seen it in there before it only costs £3.50 the price goes up next month i have also orderd the soft and fresh to stop the mozzies. bet you cant wait to go,how do you kids cope with the flight bet their not scared :wave
Hi lane! Not sure about people selling drinks, they're usually very overpriced from beach sellers - but there are some nice little bars near the beach. We usually nip into the Spar at the Tahiche Apartments and get some cold cans from the fridge in there - much cheaper than the bars on the beach :D We take a little cool bag (from the £1-shop at home) and keep the cold cans in there.
Didn't have a problem with mossies last year, but that was in June - not sure about August/September.
hi cyber ive heard that there are sunbeds on the beach do you have to pay to use them :?:if so how much does it cost :?: :)
Last year (as far as I remember) it was 8 euros for 2 beds and a parasol for the whole day - try asking on the Lanza forum, the price may have changed this year :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.