Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Based on last year, sunbeds were anything from 6 and 15 euros for the day depending where you go. As for beer, food, etc, just think 1:1, 1 euro = £1.00. Although the locally brewed beer, wine and spirits are slightly cheaper. The only real bargains are ciggies which are around £3.00 cheaper per 20
The maximum that they can *legally* charge for a sunbed is €2.50. At least, that was last years figure. Anyone charging more is taking the proverbial.
The hire charge for both (sunbeds and umbrellas) is limited by law to €2.50, whether used on a private or public beach.

Source:
http://www.cyprus-mail.com/cyprus/hotels-accused-overcharging-beach-goers

Beer - Keo or Leon, typically €2.50
Cocktails, don't know
Meals vary enormously. Steak is expensive though. Pork is cheap.
thanks pubdog, €15 euro for a sunbed brought me out in a sweat
is there a legal limit on umbrellas tho? as we paid e12 last year for 2 beds and umbrella, so e7 for the umbrella
Carl,
You are welcome, enjoy :)
Fil,
Yes, €2.50 last year, but again will stress that this was last years figure. We have been twice so far this year but didn't use beds or brollys so can't quote up to date price, although I suspect its the same (we take our own brolly - they are around €3 at orphanides).

Make sure you get a receipt and that it is clear what the receipt is for. Most beaches are municipality beaches so you will get a ticket each per sunbed, per brolly. ie 2 sunbeds, 1 brolly would get 3 tickets, €7.50. Anyone trying to charge more, suggest that you may contact the Cyprus Tourist Organisation (CTO) to check that the prices are correct.
Their website is here http://www.visitcyprus.com/ and their local (nearest to Protaras) contact details are
Address: Plateia Vasileos Pavlou, Larnaka
Zip: 6023
Telephone: +357 24 654 322
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.