Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi

yes we did this walk every night and took 15, 20mins and it was very pleasant along the coast side, passing some drinking outlets on route. The road way we always did on the way back, slightly longer. We stayed in pernera and walked into protaras.
Walked the path last year,watch out for the bats as you leave the last bit of protaras,a nice gentle stroll,what could be better.if you go as the light fades you will also catch sight of the Kingfishers darting up and down the coast.
watch out for the bats

is that a warning??

i love to watch bats and any other wild life so will be taking the walk
Oh what a lovely walk that sounds. Love wildlife.
We are staying at the Rising star so which way is it as I think the path passes in front oh the hotel?? Left or right?
Pernera to protaras is left to right, and vice versa, Word of warning though - wouldn't recommend it at night time - especially after a drink or two
Why, is it a bit rocky?
The Rising Star is at the very end of the path from Pernera so turn left.It is a bit rocky just at the Rising Star end but turns sandy and stony as you go along.
Most of the pathway is fine, but remember you only have the moonlight to light your way and one or two bits are a bit, well, interesting. Suggest a walk to your destination, a nice refreshing drink and a cab home - its only about 4 quid anyway.

Tell you what is nice - sitting/lying on one of the sunbeds in one of the little bays at Pernera late at night just staring at the stars. Any stress you brought with you just flies away!
ps - there's a nice little outdoor cafe about half way along - worth knowing if its a particularly hot day
and one or two bits are a bit, well, interesting.

Well now I'm curious. :?
Ha - no nothing too bad, just a bit potentially slippy. Well have a look and see!
ps - there's a nice little outdoor cafe about half way along - worth knowing if its a particularly hot day

Zafeiros Kiosk-superb place,nice food and a beautiful setting.Well worth the effort visiting even for a Kio :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.