Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
You're joking ! We've just returned from our regular trip to PP, during which we passed thru Alcudia. Like night and day.
I agree, PP will never be anything like Alcudia. But over the last couple of years have started noticing changes for the worse.
I don't like to see shirtless men in supermarkets or restuarants and why is only Brits who drink pints at 10.00 in the morning?
These were older people not teenagers.

I'm not a snob but think it's disrespectfull to the locals.

I know this happens everywhere, but what's wrong with even trying one or two words in Spanish even if it's please and thank you?
Can't argue with that. But why not go to Pollensa town, where you will get away from that, and then bus it to the port. To be honest, if you want to entirely avoid that kind of exhibition anywhere in the Med then you need to stay away from June/July/August when some people think that walking along the prom shirtless is some kind of personal statement. Frankly. hide it mate, it aint worth seeing.
we will be in csv on Tuesday for two weeks and we always like to visit pollensa town. We will not be climbing the Calvari steps, done that too many times. However, at the bottom of the steps is a very nice bar called, I think es gallet, sorry if the spelling is wrong.We also spend sometime in the port, we like the ice cream shack on the front. We tend to go in September so we don't see many bare chested men thank goodness.We also visit alcudia with our grandchildren and must say don't have too much of a problem with half dressed Brits.Don't think la luna would let them in!!
Anyway the taxi will be picking us up at 4.30am Tuesday so, on everyone's behalf we will check out lots of bars and restaurants,!!!!!
adios mi amigos :cheers :tup :sun2
Just returned from Cala D'or, we loved it but its not for anyone wanted huge beaches.
I don't like to see shirtless men in supermarkets or restuarants and why is only Brits who drink pints at 10.00 in the morning?

I agree on the former but come on, if you're on holiday does it matter when you drink? :cheers

We flew to Majorca in July and was in mid air at 4.30am when I cracked the top off a can of Stella courtesy of the online bar.

For me it signifies the start of my holiday proper, I don't wear a watch (but do have a wife :duh ), dress down during the day and dress smartly at night, drink in moderation or to wanton excess when I fancy a beer whether it's 10 at night or 8 in the morning, all things I cant do at home :tup

I do occasionally go teetotal, normally as a result of eating too much :cry
Went to PP last year, beautiful, not an oz of tackiness????

Drove over to alcudia which looked like blackpool and not how i recall it 20 yeras a go.
We were in Cala Millor last year and loved it.

Although it had loads of bistros and shops they werent tacky at all, and I would say British were very much in the minority.

We felt we were in "Majorca" which was lovely.
And I loved Cala Bona. Lovely and quiet around the harbour area, not much happening after 12 in the whole resort, no karaoke bars in the centre or around the harbour that I can think of, mainly restaurants. We did like one little British bar, but only because it was right on the sea front near the harbour and lovely to sit outside - there were no other bars there, only restaurants. Also a nice sea-front walk to Cala Millor which is busier, not over-run with 'Brits abroad' (quite a few German bars from what I recall) but a few British bars and cocktail bars for when we fancied a livelier night. Perfect!
Porto Cristo :tup a relaxing place . suits me fine .. close to the bust Cala millor and others but a place to walk the harbour or dine overlooking the sea .
If a beach isn't a requirement, Puerto Andraitx for me every time and it's not tacky at all. Young families generally don't holiday there because the beach is tiny and with the night-life being low-key as well, being mainly based around the quayside restaurants, it doesn't attract young groups of people either. What is does have though is a very attractive marina and natural harbour in absolutely lovely surroundings and it's still only 40 minutes drive from Palma and 3 miles from Camp de Mar for the nearest beach.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.